*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273454-The-day-we-lost-my-mother-In-law
by cat
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1273454
Its a short story depicting the day we lost my mother In-law
It was early In the morning when there was a knock on the door, I shot out of bed In a panic. When I answered the door there stood my brother In-law, "moms in the hospital, she fell or something at work." I went to wake my husband to let him know we needed to go see his mother. While he got ready, I listened to our voice messages, there was three from my mother In-laws employer, and three from my father In-law. I told my husband to call to see exactly what happend, he was told that she had a heart attack. We rushed to the emergency room, when we arrived my brother In-law was crying as were my father In-law and sister In-law. I was sure that barbara( my mother In-law ) had died, she had not but she was unresponsive. We all got ready to leave the hospital was sending her to another hospital, we all arrived at the new hospital In the cardio ICU wing. We waited for the doctors to tell us what happend and If she'd be okay. The neuroligist explained to us that she had quit breathing for over five minutes with no help, and that caused her to end up with no brain activity. My mother In-law full of life and at the age of forty-five was braindead, and would not recover. We stayed at the hospital for a week waiting for her to pass on, waiting for her to die. She was taken off the life support machines three days after she was taken to the hospital, she died on a cold snowy november morning with her family by her side. When she died she opened her eyes to look one last time at my father In-law, They had been together for over twenty-five years. A single tear fell from her eyes, and now we're left to pick up the pieces we all walked away from her lying In the hospital bed alone. It was the longest walk of all our lives, how could we leave her there? How could we all just walk away? These are questions we all asked our selfs, that we still ask our selfs. It has now been close to three years later and our hearts are still heavy, and we still ask our selfs how could this happen as we watch her baby son grow up without his mother. These are questions that will never be answered.
© Copyright 2007 cat (catnance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273454-The-day-we-lost-my-mother-In-law