*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273879-A-camp-at-school
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jx
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1273879
This is a series of short notes about a camp
(This piece of short writing consists of some elements of Asian culture.
1. "Mr. Zhou is actually refered to sleeping and dreaming
2. TOTO is a type of gambling)


Chapter 1: Entering the unknown

As usual, i had a meeting with Mr. Zhou again in my lecture. I've been scratching my head umpteen times but just can't figure it out. Is Mr. Zhou having a crush on me? Dragging me out from my world everytime i'm having something serious. Hmm he must be!! That's not the way to love somebody!! Mr. Zhou, LET ME GO!!

"it's 320pm now, i think i'll let you all have a 20 minutes break. Come back at 340pm and we continue our lecture on psychology on....blah blah blah."

"Bye, Mr. Zhou. i have to go now." Watery eyes with twinkling flash of brightness as light rays reflect from the surface -- that's a sign of sadness. "i'll be back, xiao Zhou. See you on Tuesday. Same time same place. Promise!"

A push on the door of LT23, a walk along South Spine, a turn around Coffee Xpress, a couple of minutes along North Spine, and here i stood, in front of LT1A. Unfamiliar faces overwhelmed my 270 degree view. A bee line i took to the registration table. A key and an environmental bag, that's all i had to begin the journey on my first eco camp. Da Cai? TOTO? hmm...must be someone cute(just kidding da cai if you happen to see this). My roomie for the next 3 nights. Hey i think i'm going lucky! i'm going to stay with da cai for the next 3 nights!! can u believe it?! so many people want to have an encounter with God of Fortune, but now i'm going to sleep with him and not ONE, not TWO, but THREE whole nights! This God of Fortuen has got a 195cm tall friend. hmm...he's tall. haha that's all i can say.


Chapter 2: Knowing the unknown

What welcomed me at the doorstep of my new room was a gust of warm air. I stepped into the room with disappointment. I put down my bags and the first thing that was on my mind was to look for the button that can get the ceiling fan spinning. Aha! It was hidden behind the cupboard. I wondered if there is a special reason to build the life-saving thing at such a secluded place. But anyway, it was turned on and that was great. DC started to unpack his stuffs, one by one. Sitting there without anything to do, I started to observe him. I was not mentally unbalanced to observe a guy of a younger age than me like that. It was just that I had nothing else to do. I did not want to take out all stuffs, arrange them nicely and then put them back at the same place where they were right now three days later. It just seemed unnecessary to me.

DC and I had a ‘secret’ conversation before the usual ice-breaking games at the start of every camp.

Hello...
My name is ...
And I am from ...

The real event started soon after our first dinner. I was not really excited about what was coming on later. A large part of the reasons was that the event was being held in one of the lecture theatre.

                                          “Lecture theatre is never a place that fascinates me.”
                                                                                                                - Jx 

But anyway, it was the best place to hold such event. It was a talk

This kind of talk is never something I expected before this camp.
It was hilarious.
It was funny.
It was relaxing.
It was informative.
It was inspiring.

“Even for one without any feeling for the environment will feel an ache in the heart after the talk. It inspires you and you want to do something about NATURE.”
                                                                                                                - Jx

                                                To be continued
© Copyright 2007 Jx (james_jx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273879-A-camp-at-school