*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274825-Coldwater-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1274825
A story about six friends being stuck in the middle of a vampire invasion
Prologue

Hello my name is Katie Lynn Dawson, and I was just wounding if you have ever had a burning question that desperately needed an answer? Like for instance, when a tornado rummages through your hometown and misses every house on your street except yours, or when everyone on your street leaves their houses unlocked but you, and some how you end up being the one that gets robbed.

Okay well maybe I am overreacting, but it could happen. Just imagine if one of these disasters happened to you. What burning question or questions would you desperately need answers to? Would your burning question be like “why me, what could I have possibly done to deserve this”? Well for me, the disaster and question, were much different.

It all started about nine years ago, in my hometown know as Coldwater. The year was 1996, and it was almost the end of May. I remember this day as if it were yesterday, because this day set off a train of reactions after that. If this day had not occurred, or had not gone the way it had, I would not be writing this story.

Nine years ago I didn’t understand why my life had taken such a drastic turn, but now I understand why. The question I asked myself back then was “why me, what could I have possibly done in my life that I deserve to live, while others died, what is my soul purpose for living”?

I had thought about that answer to that question for many years. I had went to several people for help in finding that answer, but they were no help. It seemed as if I was the only one that had a question like that in this world. That was until I had meet her.

Her name was Stacy Ray. She had told me her story about a disaster that had happened to her, and how she was the only survivor. She told me that at first she had no idea why she was still alive, and then it dawned on her. She said that since she was the only survivor, she was the only one that new the true story of what happened. So she got out her notebook and wrote the story down. Her story had became a bestseller, but she didn’t care about that. All she cared about was getting her story heard.

That is why I sit here today with my laptop on my lap, typing this very prologue to this story I am about to tell you. I am not trying to become a bestselling author. All I want to do is to make sure that this story gets told the way it really happened, and to do so I must start on the very day it had begun, and it began on May 26, 1996.
© Copyright 2007 Charlotte-Church (charlotte-lynn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274825-Coldwater-Prologue