*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275298-Adhering-to-the-Call
Rated: E · Fiction · Spiritual · #1275298
A short fiction story about Salvation.
This morning I watched you awaken to a new day, as the birds outside your window sang their summertime lullaby.

The sadness reflected in your eyes, and the sorrow etched upon your beautiful face breaks my heart. I watched the darkness of sin continue to blind you from the light my love offers to you freely.

Yesterday, as like every day for the past years of your life, I called to you. 

“My child, let me in.”

You ignored my words and went about your day as if nothing was wrong, until something happened to bring upheaval, which caused you to stop in the trodden pathway you have chosen for the journey of life.

I watched you this morning ready for another day at work, one that has become stressful and frustrating. 

Again I call out to you.

“My child I love you, believe in me and be free.”

Arriving at work, you sat down at your desk simply looking at the pile of paper that awaited your attention.  I heard the sigh, as you opened the drawer and paused for a moment.    A track that was given to you by the preacher from the pretty little church by your house lay atop the collection of files. 

I watched as you started to read word for word the scriptures and what each meant.

“Believe in me my child, see that I died on the cross for YOU, so that the bonds of sin would be broken, by grace through my blood you are saved, salvation is yours.  Believe.”  I speak to your heart and soul.

Alas, your beautiful voice reached to the heavens.  “Please Lord, Come into my heart, save me from the sin that I am drowning in.”

At that moment, I fill you with my Holy Spirit. 
“Now you are free my child, gone is the darkness from your life, there is only light.  Trust in me, believe in me and put your faith into me.  Allow my blessings to rein over you .”

“I love you, my child.” 

I rejoice in the acceptance of the invitation of salvation.  Your life will never be the same again.  No longer are you alone. 

This afternoon I watched you as a new light radiated from your soul.  An unfamiliar smile shone upon your face, and peace filled you.  Others saw this and asked what happened. 

I saw and heard you speak of how my love changed your life and how it could change theirs.  My child , you have made your heavenly father happy.

© Copyright 2007 Aylin Smith (aylingirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275298-Adhering-to-the-Call