*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275628-Heaven-and-Hell
by arken
Rated: 18+ · Other · Spiritual · #1275628
A surrealist insight of heaven and hell through the prism of death.
                                  Heaven and Hell

      He is walking on the road when an eagle falls on his head. The impact knocks him out and he falls down in such a manner that both his arms break. As he is unconscious he drifts up and starts to hover in the air. A gentle breeze starts blowing transforming his bright red shirt into a woodpecker. He starts drifting bare-chested towards the sun which is to his left. The road below him starts rippling and becomes liquid. It starts flowing in all directions creating a vortex right below him. As he drifts towards the sun it starts burning him. He suddenly regains consciousness and tries to protect his eyes from the glare of the sun with his hands. But as they are broken he cannot move them. As the intensity of the sun’s brightness increases his eyes melt leaving behind only sockets. The woodpecker starts ripping into his chest. The screams that he produces are of such high intensity that his eardrums burst and he cannot hear himself screaming. The world around him is dark and soundless. The pecks of the woodpecker get more rapid. Suddenly it stops and cooling rain pounds on his chest. The rain heals his damaged chest and cures his injured eardrums but cannot reverse the blindness. His arms remain broken. Everything starts becoming fuzzy and the last thing he feels before passing out is the cold of the road on his back.

      When he regains consciousness he hears a dog’s bark and feels it licking him. He tries to open his eyes before realizing he has none. His scream is loud and long. The ground below him dissolves and he starts falling. The licks of the dog continue. The dog and he fall feet-first into a river of hot lava. The dog reacts to the agony of the heat by biting off his ears. The lava burns his skin off. He floats upwards. A gentle breeze blows over him but he cannot feel it. He rises above towards the clouds. A red sky welcomes him into his arms.

      A pungent odor fills his nostrils, a sour taste floods his tongue as life slowly withdraws from him
© Copyright 2007 arken (arken at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275628-Heaven-and-Hell