*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275848-What-to-do
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #1275848
what to do...
“What do I do?” I asked, wringing my clammy, sweaty hands together nervously.
“Relax Mick,” Sadie said brushing her blonde bands out of her face and sitting down.
“Do you like him?” She asked, propping her head up on her hands and staring across the lunch table at me.
         I stared into her pretty blue eyes, and saw mischief lying just beneath the surface.  Her blonde hair was short, just above her small ears, and on her head she wore her signature blue and green striped beanie hat.  Sadie stood at a small five feet.  Of course, I shouldn’t poke fun at her; I’m only five foot two.
         My name is Micale Sukaline.  And no, it is not pronounced suck a line, like the moronic, immature guys in my school think it is.  They always ask me if I’m on crack.  And if you don’t get that, you shouldn’t be reading this.  Well, I’ll tell you anyway.  When you use crack, you do a line of it.  It’s called snorting a line, and that is why they make fun of me.  NO, actually isn’t pronounced Suke-a-lean.  So get it right.  My nickname is Mickey of course.  Mickey, Mick, ‘Cay, ‘Cale, and all the other names I’m called by my friends.  Oh, and Suke too, but that’s just by Travis, because he’s cool like that.
         I have strawberry blonde hair, and hazel eyes.  Although guys have gone crazy over Sadie and I since puberty, my friends call me a very conservative and modest when it comes to my choice in clothing.  I’m not a cleavage-showing slut.  Sadie isn’t either of course, but she’s a little bit showier than I am.  Sadie and I have been best friends since we met in sixth grade.  We’re both fourteen, and we have a ton of things in common.  Especially our taste in guys...

“I...” I started, but found that my voice was nothing more than a squeaky whisper.  Instead, I looked away shamefully and nodded.
“Then go ahead.  I don’t really care.  I’m with someone after all.”  Her last sentence brought a strike of pain to my chest.
         You’re with someone alright, I thought sadly.  You’re with Bam! My ex!!!!
“Excuse me?” Sadie asked quietly with an essence of anger.
“Oops...did...did I say that out loud?” I asked, putting my hand over my mouth, and then dropping it back down.  Without even flinching, Sadie slapped me hard across the face.
         Being accustomed to our physical violence toward each other, we both went right back to talking about him.
“Alright, I’ll try and figure this out.” I lied.
“Well, you better figure it out pretty fast because Mister you-know-who just entered the building.”
         I looked up from our corner table in the pizza place, and discovered him making his way through the maze of tables and chairs toward us.
“Holy shit” I said, rubbing my temples and looking back at Sadie. “What now?”
“Have fun with that” She said sarcastically as she stood up and went to greet Bamo, who’d come in with him.  I swallowed hard; my throat was dry and scratchy.
“Hey Mick” Brian said before tripping over the leg of a chair and nearly falling over.
© Copyright 2007 richyoungandnuts (riyonu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275848-What-to-do