*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1276039-Freaking-Dog
by Cam
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Comedy · #1276039
This story is about my experience walking my dog.
Freaking dog! I didn’t even want a dog! I wanted a cat. A nice, quiet cat that doesn’t need to be walked, or taken outside during a freaking thunderstorm. But nooooo! My parents just had to get a dog! They didn’t even ask me. It was actually a birthday present for my brother, but I still get all the responsibilities. It’s not even a nice small dog, like a terrier, which I could of handled. It’s a freaking giant black lab! And now, because of him, I’m going to get hypothermia, and my parents won’t even care.
I guess is should explain. I’d just finished dinner and was about to go upstairs to spend some quality time on my computer, when my mom dropped the bomb. I had to take my dog, Charlie, outside. Now, you’re probably thinking “No big deal. She’s just being way overdramatic!” But I’m not! It was a freaking down pour out there, and it had been thundering on and off all day!
I protested, of course, explaining that I had just showered, and spent half an hour getting my hair just the way I like it, but she wouldn’t budge. She said that my brother had done it the last couple times, and then some junk about responsibility, or something. I wasn’t really paying that much attention. Then she handed me the leash and walked off, leaving me to deal with the beast.
Now I had two choices. Go get a sweatshirt and shoes, or take off my socks and go barefoot. After carefully considering my options I, being the lazy teenager that I am, opted for the second. I spent a second hopping around, trying to get my sock off, then stepped outside.
Oh my freaking god! It was even colder than I had though! It had to be like negative twenty degrees out here! Okay, so maybe I was exaggerating little. But only a little. I swear. I dragged Charlie out, but he doubled back, grabbing my sock, the one that I had conveniently left on the floor. He dashed of the porch, pulling the leash right out of my hand.
Shoot! I quickly chased after him, cursing myself for my stupidity. I caught up to him several times, but she twisted out of my grip. My little brother stood in the doorway. I shouted at him to come help me, but he just stood their, laughing his ass off.
Finally I managed to get the sock back, but I still had to wait for Charlie to pee. I sighed will she did her business, and dragged him back in. I wasted no time telling my mom how awful the whole thing was, and that I shouldn’t have to walk him again for a week, at least. She ignored me, so I stalked off to the attic, mumbling about pneumonia. It was days like this that made me a cat person in the first place!
© Copyright 2007 Cam (writingbug432 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1276039-Freaking-Dog