*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1276674-Brecon-Park
by KP
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Comedy · #1276674
The universe is a bit broke, so it's up to Ben and Keith to get messed up by that fact.
      For the first time this week, things had actually improved after we jumped. However, that wasn't exactly saying much considering the fact that in this last week we had jumped from rabid dogs to bank robbers to the middle of a desert to an entirely different planet where an earthquake was currently shaking things around.
      Still, being (literally) teleported into the middle of a shootout between a couple of what looked vaguely like talking cacti was not a very good position to be in. The room might've been dark, and maybe a little creepy if it wasn't for the numerous flashing lights that looked rather destructive due to the fact that they were making large holes in the walls. Luckily Ben recovered a little quicker than me from being sent to a new planet, and pulled me to the ground.
      Despite the fact that we were about to die, I couldn't help noticing that despite the fact that creatures were shooting things that weren't bullets, that the floor was actually very soft, rather nice surprise when you go down face first. It was right about then that I realized that not only were they shooting light at each other, but it was bouncing off the walls. Naturally I reacted very quickly by screaming like a little girl and curling up on the floor. Ben did something very different however.
      What compelled him I will never know, but he seemed to think that drop-kicking one of said cactus people would be a good idea. To everyone's surprise, it was. The cactus man, we'll call him Bob. slammed into the with a nasty crunching sound and did not make any attempt to get up. Unfortunately the other Bob decided to shoot this person who just teleported into the same room as him, which I can't really blame him for.
      I was starting to realize that these jumps weren't just some crazy thing God decided to do to us. It was just something he just kind of tossed at the universe and started over somewhere else. The reason I say this now is the both of us saw that the window had been replaced by a blank whiteness. Now when you've been teleporting to random places all week and being shot at, a window that just went "See you later guys!" and was replaced by what looks like nothingness, said nothingness starts looking very appealing. Ben dived in dragging me behind, while Bob number two fired off shot after shot of whatever the hell he was shooting at us with. While having somehow mastered the ability to fire off bullets made of tightly packed light, they apparently forgot how to actually AIM the gun, which worked very much in our favor.
    There was a lot of loud noise, then some weird colors, and then what it would look like if the universe was being thrown at you, the usual. After all that hullabaloo, we found ourselves on a roof of a Vegas casino. Not too bad of a place all things considered. As previous jumps had proven, it could be worse....MUCH worse.
© Copyright 2007 KP (waddleman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1276674-Brecon-Park