*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1277363-Black-And-Blue-Love
Rated: GC · Fiction · Emotional · #1277363
Kaya is used to the violence that surrounds her world, the tears,Until she meets Matt..
"Martha!" He sighs and pulls himself from where he was comfortably laid, Kaya sits watching him from over her college text book. She watches how he throws the crisps hes was eating to the floor, and lets the rest of the beer fall to the already stained creme carpet.
"Martha for f*ck sake!" He shouts roughly. Stumbling drunkenly towards the kitchen.
Kaya sighed, this was a normal day in this household since Dan had moved in.

Dan entered the kitchen, it was spotlessly clean, the white and black tiles where so clean you could see your reflection, the black marble work tops had not a spot of dirt or grime on them, and the cutlery was stacked away neatly and the new picture hung over the ever expanding hole in the wall. There was no curtins for the window, as Martha was still working on getting the blood stains from them, and had been for weeks now. She was sat at the kitchen table going through letters, she pushed one hand through her thick blonde curls and sighed, there was roughly 20 letters in total all of which had come from red envelopes, she sighs yet again and puts down one, and picks up another, knowing they all demand the same, demand something she just cannot give them.

" You useless bitch" Dan slurrs, " I was calling you from the living room to bring me another beer!" He snarls, walking over to where Martha is sat. She looks up, her dark blue eyes sparkling with tears threating to overflow.
"Dont you dare fucking cry" He towers over her "Get your fat ass to that fridge and get me another beer, before i make your even more useless daughter usefull" He threatens with a slimey grin on his face and Martha quickly does as shes told.

Maybe she obeys him through fear, or maybe through the knowledge of what Dan is capleable of, either way, Martha knows not to get on the wrong side of him, she already has the scars to prove she learnt that along time ago.

Kaya listens to the scene happening in the kitchen, and the almighty shout from Dan, and knows another arguement is about to start. Her heart drops, not through feelings for herself, but knowing she cannot help her mum to get out of this place, to get away from him. She grabs her things and goes to her bedroom as fast as she can, her mother has always taught to her to look after herself. She locks the door and leans against it, her heart beating rapidly. She looks around her room, the white wallpaper flacking off the walls, the furniture in her room either broken or bearly useable. She climbs onto the one thing she loves, her bed, her den, her only item of saftey, because when she falls asleep she knows that no-one can hurt her, not until she wakes up anyway,
© Copyright 2007 Sarah xXx (miss_heth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1277363-Black-And-Blue-Love