*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1277418-Of-Summer-and-Boredom
by Maliha
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1277418
This is an amusing conversation involving a genuinely bored person and the reader!
It is only just the beginning of the harsh summer of 2007, 13th of June to be exact, and I am bored, yes: bored in the very true sense of the word. I do not mean to sound trite by saying so, but I am honestly and truly bored. And it is then when I feel so entirely chewed at and hollowed by pure boredom that those thoughts roll back into my mind and hammer relentlessly at the weakling. I have always felt bored at the times that boring people feel bored, but this boredom is unparalleled, appalling. Before this sensation struck me, I was not aware that one could survive such an acute sense of boredom. And no, this isn’t a classic example of hyperbole, no; this is simply the beginning of Boredom.
Ah reader, I am well aware that up to this point you must have formed quite an impression of me: boring, complaining and trite. You will, perhaps, hasten to end such lengthy talk by suggesting to me some truly profound ways to employ myself in something Highly Useful and Interesting. You would tell me not to waste time and will deliver elaborate speeches on the grave importance of time (which will bore me, no surprise here) and when you see me nodding continuously after a while, you will take it as a signal that you must explain to me exactly how it is that I can use this time. You will then attempt to teach me of the beautiful existence of books, the TV and the computer and may even go on to tell me about summer camps and summer courses. At this point, reader, forgive me if I snort, it will be justified. I am quite aware of all such existences, thank-you-very-much, and I value books the most in the aforementioned list.
But I would never have approached you, Smarty Pants, if I already knew all this, if I already had such enlightenment as you do, O Great Swami. You see, I came to you expecting the non-trite side of things but you, like all others, have disappointed me. You, with all due respect, Sir, are the biggest bore of this century! We needn’t have involved ourselves in such a heated argument, but well I enjoyed it. I must say, this did end my boredom for quite a while. But I see you nodding curtly now and getting up to go ‘somewhere important’ and between it all I catch your polite mumblings 'waste of time'...'unappreciative'...'boring'...etc. Well, goodbye then; I do hope you have a lovely time wherever it is you’re off to! And meanwhile, I will sink back into boredom...
© Copyright 2007 Maliha (maliha.a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1277418-Of-Summer-and-Boredom