*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1277737-Lilas-Darkness
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1277737
Love can twist your heart into something dark . . .
I should have listened, but my heart told me to go.  I had to follow my heart and now he’s . . . and now my heart breaks. 

I am Lila.  I live in the realm of Fae; my home and now my prison.  I stood on the edge of the Gazing Pool as my eyes drifted up.  The stars were brighter tonight as I stared upon their twinkling shapes. 

An unfamiliar pain gripped my chest, dropping me to my knees.  Tears flowed from my eyes as I placed a trembling hand to my chest.  "By the Goddess, I didn't know pain could hurt so much." I rasped. 

Breathing heavily I closed my eyes willing the pain to stop.  My thoughts drifted to the old historian in my village as he told me about humans:

Why do they fear us?” I asked.
“They fear what they don’t understand child. They wonder what is out there.  We are Unseelie, every creature fears the dark Fae. . .as they should.”


The pain ebbed and flowed through my body.  It wasn’t as sharp as before; it was bearable as I stood.  Lowering my eyes to the Gazing Pool, I thought about why I crossed over.  My curiosity got the better of me.  I wanted to know what love was, just once.  In the world that I lived in, love had no real meaning.  These dark creatures see it as a useless emotion fit only for foolish humans.

I had loved a foolish human and now . . . now he’s gone and I’ve been ostracized because of what I’ve done.  Closing my teal colored eyes I remembered the way he called my name; the way his skin felt against mine as we made love; his scent, his touch still lingered in my memories. 

I glance down at the silvery surface of the pool marveling at how smooth and undisturbed it was. 

Step forward and prepare to accept your fate , a voice commanded inside my mind.

I stepped onto the smooth surface and stood there looking up at the night sky one last time.  They should not have killed him , these thoughts surged through my mind.

I slowly lowered myself down onto the surface.  I drew my knees up to my chest as I felt the elder’s power grip me, holding me for eternity.

They will pay.

I felt a dark and familiar power flow over me, under me, into me. I smiled knowing who, what it was. 

“Old bastards, she won’t be in this stupid prison for more than a day.”A voice whispered dripping with malice as it laughed.

Giggling softly as power flowed through me; I turned my eyes upward gazing upon the ghostly beauty of the full moon.  “Not a day . . . I whispered as I stood.  “They will pay with their lives.”






© Copyright 2007 LadyWolf (biggles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1277737-Lilas-Darkness