*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1278431-Judgment-Day
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1278431
My own little metaphor of God, Satan, and what will happen on judgment day.
Judgment Day

By Olivia K. Skinner

Cora turned around and looked at the snow-white train of her silk dress that flowed with grace down the staircase. She looked down at her hands and saw that she was holding a bouquet of red and white roses. Gently she took the veil that covered her face and folded it back revealing her pale skin, light pink lips, and small, brown, and defined eyes. A tear slid down her cheek but she didn’t reach to wipe it off.
She turned and saw the man holding his hand out for her. He was unbelievably attractive, yet, when he smiled at you, a knot would form in your stomach.

Why must evil be so beautiful in appearance? Why do we not look to the future? The consequences I would face if I were to succumb to him… She thought to herself.

His deep, colorless, deceiving eyes beckoned her to come with him, but she shook her head, turned her back, and walked the rest of the way up to the very top of the castle. At the top was a large room. It had been completely cleared accept for one violet sofa that sat in the very center, facing two large glass doors. Behind those glass doors was a balcony. At the moment, two large white curtains were drawn over them. Light peaked through the corners but the room was pitch black. Cora felt around for the curtains. She knocked a vase of flowers off a small table and it fell with a shatter.

“Come with me!” He called, his steps echoing as he took his time walking the staircase. “You will find pleasure with me. Contentment.”

Contentment? Pleasure? Hardly. No, Lord, you promised me satisfaction. You promised me peace. That is more than he will ever provide. I choose You. She thought.

She finally let the tears fall as she continued fumbling around for the curtain cord. Finally, she felt the soft cord brush her hand. She grabbed with an aggravated grunt and pulled it in rage. Morning light flooded the room. She opened the glass doors and breathed in the fresh air.

“Forgive me,” She prayed aloud, “Take me.”

She blinked and her world blurred. She blinked again and saw nothing but darkness. Her breathing grew heavier as she stumbled around the balcony, feeling around. She screamed in disbelief and confusion.

“What? Whaaaat? What do you want? I said I wanted to be with you! I know I’m not worthy.” The tears began pouring once again as she started losing her sanity. She felt for the thick, cold, stone rail. Once she found it, she climbed on top of it and stood. She was at least fifty feet from the ground now. But instead of there being earth at the bottom, there was a never-ending fire. She could hear the screams of Lucifer’s followers at the bottom. The torture they were suffering and would forever suffer could be sensed so strongly you could taste it. But if you were to look up where you would expect to find the sky, you would see nothing but beautiful, cleansing light shining down upon you, offering freedom from the lake of the fire. And there she stood, in the castle of judgment, the middle ground where she had spent the entire day. Now the sun was going down and she had to make her decision. She looked to the heavens and smiled.

“Come back to me,” She heard him say. He was standing behind her, holding out his hand, the hand of temptation. She shook her head, refusing to turn around to face him, though she was blind.

“Goodbye Lucifer.”

She closed her eyes, lifted her arms and jumped…

The farther she fell, the faster she went, but she did not land, nor did she feel the fire, or hear the screaming. She lifted her head up and took a deep breath in as everything rushed past her. She laughed and cried as every burden was lifted from her shoulders and replaced with joy and peace. She opened her eyes, and realized that she was no longer falling. Someone was holding her. But she was still blind.

“Who is it?” She asked, feeling the arms that held her. Her vision still not working. She felt for his face and gasped. She saw a light coming from his face, but she could see nothing else. Slowly the light faded and she was left with no vision again. Whoever held her was beyond beautiful. She knew it. She could feel it. It was obvious that he was not human, though he was in human form. He was divine.

“I am your Father,” He said, holding her closer. “Lay your head down on my shoulders. Be still my child, rest a while.” She rested her head on his chest and sighed a sigh of relief and complete comfort. She blinked and saw golden blur.
She closed her eyes and rested, opened her eyes again and her vision was restored. She saw that they stood on a golden street. It was empty, but she heard laughter in the distance. She felt no pain, discomfort, or restraint. She was free from all that now.

“Go to them,” He told her, “Judgment day is over, and you are home now.”
© Copyright 2007 Oliviak (oliviak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1278431-Judgment-Day