*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1278937-Vandias
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1278937
A intro to my novel I'm working on.
In the ancient land of Vandias there are many spectacular things. The forest are filled with white barked trees the size of skyscrapers and the leaves the colors of sky blues and shades of cruel reds. The skies are filled with a purple wave of clouds like waves in the ocean upon a windy day and the ground as black as a devil’s soul. The path of black grounding swallows the trunks of trees and lies beneath the layers of thick golden fog. The leaves drip lime and orange jewels upon the forest life in late evenings and create a midnight glow for the eleven rich full moons to out glow. The eleven moons are Mazious, Cendous, Reamous, Blazzid, Vizzous, Leti, Medero, Safaria, Licknias, Navica, and Betara. They are named after the eleven gods and goddesses of creation.
         The forest isn’t the only place in these majestic lands. There is also the small city for the much wealthier merchants. There is little technology in this dreadfully bland place called a land and the once devil hearted shade of black grounding is now a certainly teal green. There is no longer a golden fog but the rich aroma of pies and special pastries for potlucks or kingly feast for celebration of the god’s birthdays since those were the only holidays created in Vandias. There are many little hut stores in the shapes of pointy triangles with feathers to decorate them in festive colors from the few species of animals that wonder the almost completely abandoned area.
         There’s only one other type of place in this kooky other world. These are the towns which are filled with small teepees made from the hide of the estimated count of twenty cows each town would get. There is a population of around seventeen people per town and only twelve towns. The skies are now pure silver with yellow flowing through them and maroon paths upon the ground. Some of the other animals were Mytimnicems, horses, dogs, and a huge variety of lovely colored birds. A Mytimnicems is a rare kind of reptile that is trickier than a fox, faster than a cheetah, and more beautiful than a love poem. The birds have anywhere from light colors of pink to dark colors or golden crisp black. There are many birds such as Hurving birds, Synthical birds, and Mynician birds all with colors as festive as Earth’s Marti Gras.
         The people often depended on they’re god or goddess they represented. The people of Mazious were all of darkened, wrinkled skin as black as coal and their eyes of piercing crisp red. They were mostly populated as men with two or three woman. But their clothing was of sad colors and patterns in shades of mostly crimson blood or depressing shades of darker colors.
         The people of Cendous were much more of youth and light flourished blue skin. The skin was rough though had the appearance of it was smooth like their woolen clothing in the hues of pink and lime green. Their population was completely of women.
         I think that gives you a good picture of the many people’s styles. Each of the towns had many things in difference except one small thing. They each feared the mighty powerful Mytimnicems. They believe the creatures of many talents trapped their gods and goddesses on separate moons to separate their strength together. Yet they seem to hide from these human-like people in fear, or shame, or maybe even as a tactic. The people did not know. They also didn’t know the many adventures they would soon experience.
          Like humans they communicated in different ways such as body language and voice language. They all spoke in a language they called ishalowq. They were quite entertained in adding to their 49 sounded alphabets and bragging of it. By conquering such a language it helped them in the most breathtaking event in their history. The Great Battle. The war they took on with the Mytimnicems.
         The Mytimnicems threatened the health of the people they guarded the barriers of the towns that kept the people from being able to move from one town to another. The people planned a great war taking them on and in the end won. But what to show for it were heaps of destroyed villages, dead cattle, and many dead human-like people.
© Copyright 2007 writes-a-lot777 (canon-shot777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1278937-Vandias