*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279902-All-Wet-at-the-Car-Wash
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1279902
My brief, but memorable trip to the car wash.
I decided a while back to get my car washed. It was filthy and needed to be rehabilitated. My windshield had become so covered with bugs that I had to tilt my head to see oncoming traffic. It is a routine I had done 100's of times before.
So I pulled into the stall, but I could not get my car positioned just right. The sign is telling me to either pull forward or go back, it just can't make up its mind.
I try to make the wash happy. I would pull forward. The light would tell me to go back. So I would back up. Then it would tell me to go forward again. This went on for about two minutes. Finally the car wash gave up on me and all the lights turned off.
At this point I had paid my 9 dollars and was not giving up without a fight. I drove around and returned to the starting point. This being Ellensburg WA, there was no one in line behind me. I spoke to the attendant and he reset the controls. I was back in business. Except for one minor detail. After talking to him, I forgot to roll my window back up. So as the wash started, water started pouring through my right front window. Power windows are not good in these kinds of situations. I pressed the button as the window crept ever so slowly upwards. Finally, in what seemed like forever, the window was finally up. But at the end of the carwash, the inside of the car was as clean as the outside and I smelled like Turtle Wax.

© Copyright 2007 Wenonah (wenonah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279902-All-Wet-at-the-Car-Wash