*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280636-Saras-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Misfit
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Drama · #1280636
the beginning of something i am working on,,,3 chapters
*I can’t believe my mom sent me here. I have not done anything wrong.*
Reaching the top of the stairs, Sara looks around for a sign that would point her to her destination of the day. She looks down at a piece of paper she is holding with her mother’s writing on it. The writing actually looks more like scribbling. It reads: Doctor Barry, Suite 202. It should be on the 2nd floor.
Well here I am on the second floor and all I see is white walls and a corridor with no signs or directory for whoever this Doctor is. I think the shrinks here need help not me. Sara thinks to herself as she continues to look around.
Ding. Ding. The elevator next to the stairs opens and a skinny pale white boy who appears to be about her age steps out.
“Excuse me,” He adjusts his green and blue wrinkled button down shirt as if attempting to flatten it.
“Huh?” Sara looks at him with a look of confusion. She watches him continue to adjust his shirt wondering why he seems to care so much about his appearance.
“I assume you are here for Doctor Barry. Do you know where I might find his office?” The boy looks at her with hopeful eyes as he is done adjusting with his shirt.
“No actually. This is my first time here. What makes you think I am here to see him?”
“I was told his office was the hardest to find and well, you are just standing here looking like you are lost.” The boy looks at her with a smirk.
“Oh. I guess I do appear lost. All I know is that its here on the second floor and suppose to be suite 202.” Sara looks around hoping to find a way out of the conversation.
“Ok. Well, seeing how we are both headed there, mind if we look together?”
“Ok.” And the two set off to find Doctor Barry.
About ten minutes later the two see a door labeled 202.
“Should we enter?” the boy asks.
“I suppose so although I am afraid.” Sara responds not knowing why she just admitted that to a complete stranger.
“Well so am I. Good luck. Thanks for helping me find the place. Oh by the way, my name is Calvin. See you around.” and the boy heads into suite 202.
*Damn. So I found it with the help from an odd but cute boy named Calvin. I wonder what he is here for. Drinking? Ha, I don’t think that geek boy could keep up with me. Should I go and ask him?* Sara thinks to herself as she to walks into suite 202 and checks herself in at the counter.

CHAPTER TWO
“So, you do not think there is anything wrong with you?” asked Doctor Barry.
“No of course not. I think that my mom sent me here to get rid of me for a few hours, or because she wants me to think that what I am doing is wrong. She probably wants me to stop partying and staying out late.”
“Partying? Staying out late? Is that all?”
“Well I do not get into trouble with the law if that is what you are asking. But yes, I party and stay out late quite often. Sometimes I do not come home.”
“I think there is more that you are not telling me. I can not prove that of course, but something tells me that my notes from your mother and your body language here, there is more.” he said looking her in the eyes.
“More? I told you exactly why I am here. If there was more trust me, my mother would be bitching a lot more!”
“Maybe so, but don’t you think she bitches enough at you? Have you ever listened to why she bitches at you?”
“Well of course I do not listen to her. She never listens to me!” Sara said raising her voice in frustration.
“Hey! Hey! Don’t raise your voice at me in frustration. I do not bitch at you. I am here to help you figure out your problems and help guide you in direction to solve these problems.” Doctor Barry said with patience in his voice.
“Ok. I guess you are right. Seriously though, I do not think there is anything wrong with me or what I am doing with my life. So, other than my mother sending me here for reasons I am not willing to change, what else am I here for?”
“Well, let me ask you a question. Are you happy?”
“What sort of question is that?”
“Just answer it and then we can continue next time you come in here.”
“Well, let me go and think about it and I will answer it when I come back.”
“There is no need for that. I think I already know the answer.” Doctor Barry started writing things down on his notepad he had with him in his lap.
“Ok, then next week same time.” and with that Sara left his office with not a bit of understanding or knowledge as to what she was going to get out of this therapy. *Well that was a total complete waste of my time. I know why I am here, but why? I don’t want to change. What is so wrong about me? Ugh, I hate my mother. Maybe I can just bullshit my way around a few weeks, make my mother happy and then she will back off me and I can be happy again. Oh wait happy…I do not think Doctor Barry wants to know THAT is what makes me happy. Lies. I should lie.* Sara thought to herself as she headed towards the subway that would take her home.

Chapter Three

“Well mother, now that we got that out of the way can I go now, please?” begged Sara.
“You think that just because you went to one session that I am going to let you go back to your old ways? Are you out of your mind? You need help young lady, and because you refuse mine I had no other choice but to get some assistance with your juvenile delinquent self. No you may not leave this house until I know that you will not be drinking, engaging in drugs, or having sex. Not to mention you never come home by curfew.”
“Oh whatever! You can’t stop me!” Sara yelled and ran out the house.
“Sara please! You are going to ruin your life!” her mother yelled after her.
*What the hell does she think she is doing? I need assistance? Yeah right! My mother can think what she wants. But this time I just won’t go home! How is that for missing curfew? Haha!*
A few hours later….
“Hello?”
“Yes may I please speak to Sara Hoffman’s mother?”
“This is her. May I help you with something?” she said a bit scared.
“Yes madam. I am Officer Spencer and I have some news to tell you. Would you care to meet me down at the station? I have a few questions as well.”
“Has something happened to my daughter?”
“No Madam. She is here and ok. I think she may be highly intoxicated. You can pick her up here.”
“Ok thank goodness she is alright. I will be there shortly.” And with that she hung up the receiver and went to the station.
Fifteen minutes later…
“Thanks.”
“Not a problem. Just get her some help as so this does not happen again.” said Officer Spencer with a stern look.
“Yes sir.”
At home about an hour later…
“You keep yelling at me! You really think that I am going to change or stop all this just because you tell me I am ruining my life?” screamed Sara.
“Yes! I want so much more for you. You do not understand how scared I am about you. If you keep doing this, worse things may happen next time. I do not want to live my life watching my daughter destroy hers. I am here as a mother to guide you in the right direction and teach you about life. Teach you from right and wrong. I have certainly not raised you to act this way.”
“No mother you have not. In fact you have not raised me at all!”
“How can you say that? I can’t be there for you and guide you or raise you if you will not let me. You keep pushing me away and I just don’t understand why. All I want is the best for you. For you to be happy and do something great with your life. This is not what I call great Sara. You are wasting your precious years on something that will only cause you pain and problems.” Sara’s mother looked at her and began to cry.
“Why are you crying? At least I am alive.”
“Exactly! Do you know that maybe next time you won’t be?”
Sara stood up and walked out the room. Turning back to look at her mother she said, “Yeah, now I understand. Call Doctor Barry and arrange a meeting with him tomorrow.”








































© Copyright 2007 Misfit (punkpixie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280636-Saras-Story