*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281758-Second-Chances
Rated: E · Sample · Romance/Love · #1281758
She's unable to show her love for him, but he's finally left and she's regretting it
She never meant to hurt him, never meant to see tears blur those amber eyes. She never meant to scare him, never meant to make him run and hide. But run he did, he's gone now..That's that. She shuddered as she swallowed a sob, looking out over a peaceful city, well into its evening hours. Blue eyes reflected particles of light emitted by the street lamps below, which cast an eerie orange glow on the barren side walks.

Maybe he'd come walking down with them, a lonely silhouette against the fiery shadows. But none did come strolling along. Who would, so late at night, for a pathetic wretch of a girl such as herself?

How, how I hate me...

She wished it would rain, reflect the pain and anguish she sought to release somehow right now..but no. The moon was quite contradictory, it's pale luminescence casting a hopeful gleam over the city's rooftops, the sky sprinkled with stars of varying gleams. She swallowed and returned her gaze to the gloomy shadows. That felt like her

Nothing but a shadow, her mind screamed at her. Nothing more!

All she did was cause him pain...all she did was make him regret offering her his love, ever undying. Why didn't he leave her?! Why did he always come back?!

Well this time had been different...her spiteful words of self hate had rubbed off on him, and he'd finally had enough. He'd left. And he hadn't so much as blinked and looked back over his shoulder to see if she cared.

He had finally moved on...

"I need you," she whispered, and buried her face in her knees because it didn't matter. It was too late. There was always a such thing as a second chance.

But you didn't always deserve the privilege.

© Copyright 2007 Aki Midoshi (one_last_wish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281758-Second-Chances