*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282055-Being-A-Pre-teen-Girl
by jackie
Rated: ASR · Article · Emotional · #1282055
My passage from little girl to teen
INTRODUCTION
Hi, my name is Tiffiny, I have gone through an amazing amount trying to get from being a little girl to a somewhat responsible pre-teen. I started learning that my childhood was ending when I entered my fifth grade class for the first time. I noticed that Sam, Nick, and a whole lot of other kids that hate me (and vice versa), were in my class. I knew right off the bat that this year was going to be a living nightmare.
Well, unfortunately I was right. I will start from the beggining...
CHAPTER ONE
"Tiffiny, shut up! Nothing you say has any point anyway." That was my brother. It was the first day of school, and already he was making a fool of me in front of the few people I managed to fool myself into calling them my friends. I felt like I had just been slapped in the face! I had to try to support myself.
"Like what you says does!" As soon as the words were out of my mouth I knew I had screwed myself up for supporting myself. By now I knew that I was lower on the popularity chain than the teacher, who is lower than the class popularity screw up. So by now, this was a very, very, very bad situation.
I walked towards my teacher, Ms. Dean, muttered, "I'm going to the bathroom." I ran towards the bathroom and slammed open the door. I thought to myself, "First period and already I have screwed up any chance I had to make this year bearable." I walked to the mirror and stared at myself. Did people not like me because of how I look. I don't think I'm that ugly. I have dark brown hair that rests on my shoulders, eyebrows that arch a little, a nose that is sprinkled lightly with freckles, and high cheekbones. I don't think I am ugly, but then again I'm not one of those thin girls who always seem to have every strand of hair in place.
I have a waistline that isn't tiny, but isn't huge. I am normal- and I mean, who wants that? No guys in my grade, that's for sure! I just wish someone would care about me, and what happens to me. I wish someone would care about my feelings, my thoughts! But of course, I'm just another ant in a mountain of sand. Maybe what happens to me doesn't really matter, and I am just another player in agame being played by someone unknown.
All of a sudden I heard the bell ring. I snapped out my meditation and hurried back to class. "Tiffiny! Where were you?! You were gone for almost twenty minutes." My teacher handed me a letter and said, "Fill this form out, then once you are done, bring it to the office and tell the secretary that you are to speak to the princepal."
Great, now I had to go to the princepal's office and I also had to make up the work I had missed when I was in the bathroom. Oh, and also now everyone in the room was thinking, "What an idiot!". This really wasn't my day. I walked my table and sat down. I started to fill out the form, and wrote why I was in trouble.
All of the sudden something hit me in the head. I saw a crumpled piece of paper on the floor, so I unfolded the paper. And just to make my day, it said, "LOSER!!". I finished filling out the form, took the hall pass, and stepped outside of the classroom. Now, all I had to do was hang out in the bathroom for a while and hope my teacher didn't talk to the princepal about not being in class. Of course, if I got caught, I would be in more trouble than I could dream of.

CHAPTER TWO

I headed towards the bathroom, it seemed like a temporary haven. I walked into oone of the stalls and locked the door. I knew Alison, my only real friend, would know I wouldn't go to the office. I knew she would show up any minute. If she did find me, all she would do was give me a lecture. I pulled my legs up on the toilet seat and waited. And I didn't have long to wait. The door opened and I heard her voice, "Tiffiny, you don't need to hide, I know you're here." I knew it was no use hiding, so I opened the stall door.
"Tiffiny, you know that you are going to get in so much trouble! There is no way you can pull this off. You're a horrible liar, what will you tell your parents?" That was Alison. She's always trying to get me to be little miss perfect. I don't try to make trouble, but it just seems to be attracted to me.
"Alison, if you don't get back to class soon, Kaitlin is going to send someone here, and then I'll be caught. Just hurry, I'll be fine." I replied
"Fine, but if they catch you, don't let them know I knew you were here. If I get in trouble, my permenant record won't be perfect anymore. You know I can't let that happen, my parents will kill me!" Alison paced around the bathroom muttering to herself. Finally she stopped. Alison turned to me and said, "I know I shouldn't do this, but I have to. I happen to know of a room that holds a key that will get you into the fifth floor. There is no one there, you know it's being renovated. You can hide there until you have to come back. But don't tell anyone where you found out, okay?!" finished Alison.
"Yeah, sure whatever. But which is the room?" I said.
"309, in the left wing. It will be in the back of the room, and the fish bowl. But be careful, if you break the bowl, there is going to be a lot of explaining to do! If you hurry, you can get the key before next period. And I have to go now, bye!" Alison's last words faded away as she ran out of the bathroom.
Great, left alone again. Everything seems to be changing, but not for the better. At least, I had a one hundred percent safe haven. With a sigh I walked towards the door, a checked to see if anyone was coming. It looked clear, I hurried towards the stairs and headed down to the third floor. Room 309 was the old science room, now all it was used for was storage, bullies with their unfortunate victims, and older kids that needed a safe place to make out. No one was in there that I could see, so I walked in. The back of the room, where was the dumb fish bowl? Maybe in the corner? Nope, great. Alison screwed up big time. Now since kids were changing classes, there's no way I could sneak out without being seen. As I sat down, I saw a flash of light-everything was basically cardboard in here. It would take either a diamond or glass to make that flash, and considering the circumstances, we could pretty much eliminate the diamond part. And fish bowls are made of glass, right? I jumped up and searched for the bowl, yep, there it is! I grabbed up the fish bowl and snatched the key hiding under it. Now all I needed to do was wait until the halls cleared out.

CHAPTER THREE

Finally, the squeaking of sneakers against tile floor had died away. I had waited ten minutes, and now I was pretty sure it was safe to go out. I stuck my head out and checked if anyone was there, the halls seemed deserted so I tip-toed out. The stairs were right next to the door of 309, so I didn't have far to go. I ran up to the fifth floor and unlocked the door. I opened the door, silently praying that the hinges wouldn't squeak. If I was caught now I would be facing three days of suspension and a severe yelling at by my mom, dad, sister, and princepal. "So, Jackie, you'll just calm down, no one is up here. After all, the door was locked, right?" I walked towards the old office, and looked for a seat. As I walked towards the office, I thought I heard the squeaking of sneakers against tile, my heart stopped. Without turning around I called, "Is anyone there?" No one answered so I continued walking- just a little bit faster. I heard the sound again,
© Copyright 2007 jackie (jackie911 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282055-Being-A-Pre-teen-Girl