*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283109-Teaser-for-my-novel
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1283109
Read the teaser to get a basic Idea of this fantasy thriller.
Renco’s blade glinted in the dim blue light of the Arthan moons. The bedraggled assassin was crouched behind a large marble pillar, listening to the footfalls of the guards making their way through the main hall. One hand was clutching the hilt of his short sword, the other holding a blood soaked piece of shirt against the wound in his side. He had broken the number one rule of an assassin by allowing his presence to be discovered. The assault into the Carlim Castle had been going according to his plans. Slaying the first group of guards with his trusty bow was easy for a master of the shadows, and Renco had been able to sneak into the second story of the outer wall of the castle with no further resistance.
But then, in the center of the walk-way leading to the guards shack, he had missed it: a simple pressure plate hidden amongst the stones that lined the walk way. Using his uncanny dodging abilities, Renco rolled away from the hail of darts that came from high in the walls. But it was to late the damage was done. The guards inside the shake heard the trap open and fling there poisoned tip darts, and his position was compromised. A band of guards appeared from the tower to the south of Renco and they let loose a volley of arrows. The arrows slammed into the ground and walls around Renco. One found its mark in his side. The pain burned its way from his side into all his limbs, as the guards fitted new arrows onto there bows, Renco leapt from the second story walk-way to the main entrance hall. He landed hard with a thud; he was on his feet quickly moving to the nearest shadows. Using his shadow teachings, Renco did the only thing he could. He hid in the darkness hoping the guards would not see him. But now they were drawing closer, Renco knew that it was time to face them. Giving a silent prayer to Camaron God of Night, he pulled back his bow and let out battle cry as he prepared to face his fate.

The Warrior
Vanbrodie held the hilt of his broad sword tight; he kicked the wooden door in front of him sending it fly from its hinges. The door spun through the air and landed at the feet of the soldiers, they stopped and looked at the large human standing in the doorway. From the shadows erupted a cry, a single arrow flew from the shadows and slammed into one of the guards neck. A gargled scream exploded from his lungs, the man was dead before he hit the ground.
Vanbrodie jumped from his place in the doorway toward the group of guards, who were all still stunned from the arrow. He brought down his large broad sword taking out three guards at once. Renco appeared from the shadows, his iron bow held taught. He released the arrow. It again found its mark into the soft flesh of a guard’s neck.
© Copyright 2007 B. M. Cooper (bradcooper19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283109-Teaser-for-my-novel