*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283702-Bethany-4
Rated: 18+ · Other · Women's · #1283702
A different view.
standing in the parkinglot looking up at Bethany Gardens put a sweet lump of sadness in my heart. I knew it was time to swallow my pride and give into the fact that I had missed this place. It was the one place where I completely and truely felt loved and wanted.
The same lady I have allways known was sitting on her walker smoking a cigarete. "How've ya been?" She asked. Her voice was dry. If anyone needed a reason to stop smoking all they would have to do is looke at her.
I leaned in to give her a hug and she kissed me on the cheak.
I hit the button to the automatic doors.
There where chairs in the front room. They stood tall and elligantly against the wall that was covered in plaques. The office was to my left before one hallway, and the dining rooms double doors where on my right before the other hallway. I took the hallwaay to my right where I eventualy met up with the ellivator. It had reached the floor and had opened before I could hit the button. A nurse with a long black pony tale in blue scrubs gave me a suprized smile as she pulled me by the arm into a hug. "God. We miss you around here." She kissed my cheak. I felt bad for not remembering her name. so I smiled and thanked her. When I worked here, I spent most of my time on the third floor. The floor where all the paintings where hung the highest and having your food grinded was a delecacy. Most people would avoid the floor and its spontaniouse wonderers. I was family up here. For me it was a vacation from the real world that I couldnt stand.
Eve Rose was the grandmother I never had. There was no relation between us realy. Her complection was dark, and her cheaks had the most beautiful color of pink when she smiled. I knew that if I didnt get across the room to her fast enough she would walk out of her wheel chair to get to me.
I knew little about Eve's past. Everything about her had some beautiful mystery. Couldnt ask her about her past because she didnt recall much of it. She was allways stuck in the presant. waiting for somebody, anyone to just sit with her for a while. I asked her how she was doing and she replied honestly that she was good. I felt bad for not coming around the past few months since I had left Bethany Gardens. I wanted to come back when I was mores succesful and had something to talk about with everyone. Right now, I was unemployed, and seeing a twenty-seven year old artist I met over a telephone hotline. I dont know what I had gotten myself into coming here. I knew questions where going to be asked.
I bent over and kissed Eve on the cheak. "I love you Eve, but I have to go now, okay? I promise to stop by more often."
she smiled. "Yup"
My next and intendingly final stop would be at the activities room. My job was with them. We planned things on the calanders, social events, and room to room visits.
"Roz." I could see her behind a group of people. Her short white hair, and black eyes.
"Hey!!" she said. She walked over and gave me a hug. I wanted to cry. "Where've'ya been?"
Roz was known in activities for her New York accent and Senatra hands on the keyboard.
"I miss you Roz."
"Whatchya doin with ya life?" She asked. It was natural for her to be concearned. I really think sometimes that she should have been my mother.
"um." I had to think quick, stalling would have made her more worried. The truthe was I really didnt know. "I uh. I took a test. A test for Nursing school. I want to get my nursing liscence." I guess I was sort of telling the truth there.
"Well. I guess thats somethin." I knew she was disapointed at the fact that life wasnt going the way that she and I had invisioned it with tons of art schooling and a world of black chalk on white paper.
I really wanted to tell her about my new friend Brian. I knew that by doing that I was opening myself to a lecture that I wanted but had absolutly no time for.
"Hey, stick around. Roxy'll wanna see ya." Roz said. "So wont Rita."
Rita. As in the Hitler at Bethany. "I would but I have got to go. I am late. Sort of. I am going out to coffee with Roxy tomarrow though so I will see her."
I bent over and kissed Roz on the cheak. "I have to go, I have someone waiting in the car." I said. "I love you Roz."
"okay kid." She said. "Come by again. Dont be a strainger."
© Copyright 2007 Anastasia (stasiasworld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283702-Bethany-4