*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285110-Madam-Elaines-Chapter-2-Unfinished
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Educational · #1285110
This chapter will be completed in due course.
Amelia didn't actually WANT the fashionable outfits, the chauffeur-driven limosine or the impending doom of loyal, sheep-like followers, and she DEFINITELY didn't want to go to Madam Elaine's Preparatory School for Girls. To be honest, she'd be a lot happier at a public school, but her mother, after tears and tantrums (not on Amelia's part, you understand), had made her go. Practically forced her into the car herself, and, by pure determination, would have succeeded, but Amelia's mother's petite frame and lack of upper body strength denied her the right.
As if to show her mother how mature she could be, Amelia took the remaining bag, a small nightbag, and walked to the car, saying goodbye to her father, and looking down on her mother with an expression akin to amusement. Amelia closed the car door, and urged the driver, a new member of staff with the family, to go.
The two hour drive was spent alternately staring through the window at the passing scenery, and reading the book her father had bought for her, especially for that reason.
Amelia's father had telephoned the school shortly after she left, telling them to expect her within the hour, and to make sure her accommodation was up to scratch. He assured the Head that Amelia was an intelligent, sporty, obedient young woman that would soon become an asset to the school. So, as what would pass muster as a quarter of the school whole congregated on the stairs outside the school, they all whispered amongst themselves. "I heard Madam say that she was smart and sporty. That means she'll be a brunette." One girl whispered.
© Copyright 2007 Aitheianaea (aitheianaea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285110-Madam-Elaines-Chapter-2-Unfinished