*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285409-The-Unwhisked-Princess
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1285409
Enter an unusual fairytale world and discover what happened after happily ever after.
THE PERILS OF PRINCESSES
Chapter 1 The Un-whisked Princess

Mind you that not all fairy tales end happily ever after. Of course there will always be an exception to the rule. Thus I begin this story of a young girl, or rather a princess as all fairy tales would have at least one. This princess we can say was the fairest in the land. Why else would there be anyone who could be more beautiful than she? Her father would most definitely not allow that to happen and thus she gained that title.


Word of this princess' beauty spread across the land. Many kingdoms have heard of her infamous beauty and princes from all over the world sought to win her hand in marriage, if not her heart as well. But here comes the twist of it all. The princess would not have a single one of them...


Indeed princes are supposed to be dashing, handsome and brave, willing to whisk any maiden off her feet, and many have dared to try their luck on the beautiful princess. Unfortunately, this lovely princess did not wish to be whisked...


This lovely princess whom so many have lost their hearts for, could not even find it in her heart to choose from among the handsome princes who had asked for her hand in marriage. No gift, nor offering could satisfy this lovely maiden and thus so many had given up. However, many though they were that have lost the will to seek this princess, many still continue to try their luck that perhaps one day this princess' heart would soon melt in time and finally choose who it was to be her prince.


A pity that it was only the prince's side that was taken into account, and not that of the beautiful princess. Did she really wish to marry a handsome prince? Or did she just wish to remain, forever alone, yet forever beautiful?


The princess, whose name was Charming, as Beauty was a queen from a different kingdom, had spent her days alone, locked up in her tower curled up in a good book. She was one who would rather spend her days alone, with a book in hand, than marry a prince and get whisked away into his kingdom. Of books she learned the lives of many princesses, much like herself, and it was because of this that she decided not to be one of them.


"I would rather be an un-whisked princess," said she to herself.
© Copyright 2007 valanterry (valanterry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285409-The-Unwhisked-Princess