*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285423-Darlie-Routier-Should-Be-Set-Free
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Tragedy · #1285423
On death row,wrongfully convicted,evidence to proove this
      I was waiting on an approval for an interview with Darlie Routier, but because of not meeting thier "media requirements", I was denied. I have written a letter to see if I may be able to have correspondence that way, but as of yet have not heard back. I feel compelled to write what I know and get the word out that it could be any of us sitting where Darlie is. I believe she is an innocent woman. I do not take lightly my work or my opinions about who may or may not be deserving of being in prison. I put a lot of research into my articles and when I write I am truly passionate and feel what I am writing is to the best of my ability. I hope this article will allow people to feel differently about this case and see that a woman, a mother, has not only lost her two boys, but has lost her life as she knew it because of one fateful night.
      On June 6,1996 in Rowlett, Texas Darlie Routier and two of her boys fell asleep watching TV together in thier living area downstairs of her home. Her husband, Darren and thier other son was upstairs sleeping. In the middle of the night an intruder broke into thier home and brutally attacked Darlie and stabbed to death her two sons that were sleeping with her downstairs. Darlie was attacked to the point of being knocked out and just remembers seeing a man flee from her home. When she realized what was happening she screamed for her husband to come and help her with thier boys and proceeded to call 911 for help. One of her boys was already dead and the other barely clinging to life as Darlie hysterically pleaded for the ambulance and the authorities to come and assist. She was talking to her son and told him to "hold on" and tried to save his life. She was on the phone with 911 for almost 6 minutes until someone arrived. It took the police almost 2 minutes to let the paramedics through and in this already tragic event Darlie and Darren's other son died as the paramedics got to him. Darlie was eventually taken to the hospital and ended up having over $10,000 dollars worth of emergency surgery.
          There was serious contamination of this crime scene and things were being moved around and items were being stuffed into bags, while still having wet blood on it and things were being all thrown together. Proper testing could have been tainted due to the lack of how this crime scene was handled by the police. The ironic thing about this is Darlie would later be accused of "staging a scene", when most of what was moved around was by the police. There is so much detail that I won't be able to get to, but will make some points about why I believe Darlie is an innocent woman.
            Most importantly there were fingerprints and hair found at the scene that did not belong to anyone that lived in the house. That alone sounds to me like thier must have been someone else in the house. Since the 1990's there has been more sophisticated DNA tests and even though Darlie and her defense team have requested further testing of this evidence and other items needed to be tested, she has been denied or flat out ignored by the judge. Why? It may prove someone innocent and no one will allow the tests! If you are sitting on death row and there could be evidence of your innocence, don't you think you would be entitled to these tests?
            There were 1,000 or more crime scene pictures and only a few hundred were admitted for the jury to see. Why? Could it be because there were people up on the stand disputing Darlie Routier's injuries and yet most of the pictures not allowed contradicted these statements? For instance, a nurse claimed that Darlie had no bruising on her arms when I myself have seen numerous pictures that shows severe bruising on her arms.
              A bloody sock was found on the outside of the house, yet there isn't any blood trailing from the house to where the sock was found. Darlie was bleeding pretty bad. She claimed that she was gagged with that sock and wanted it tested for saliva, denied. Sounds to me like the intruder must have dropped it.
              The last point I will make is about the fact that the police suspect there was two murder weapons and yet one of the weapons, knives, was not found. Darlie was only convicted of one murder. The murder of the son that she tried to save, not her other son. They think it was a different knife. I mean this is crazy. Are we to believe that Darlie had this nice night with her two boys and then in the middle of the night she decided she was going to brutally murder her sons, stage a crime scene, brutally inflict severe wounds to herself (including a possible rape), run outside and plant the sock, run back in to scream for her husband, call 911, all in a matter of a few minutes. The time line doesn't match with everthing that she is being accused of. If she did go into a murderous frenzy, then why leave her other baby and husband alive?
                There is a killer that could still be out there and the police arrested Darlie 12 days after the murders. I guess they must have ruled out every other suspect. Was there even any other suspects? It seems to me that they didn't want to take the time to find the real killer. Sending a grieving mother, a mother that tried to fight back during her own attack, tried to save her son, must seem easier then really finding the truth. People, this could happen to you or someone that you know. Our law system is made up of people, people make mistakes, and this my friends was a huge mistake, sending Darlie Routier to prison, death row. If you would like more information about this case please check out this website: www.fordarlieroutier.org
                   
© Copyright 2007 Cynarra (rcnatnje7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285423-Darlie-Routier-Should-Be-Set-Free