*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285448-Kay-and-Gerda-IN-THREE-STORIES
by Ula
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1285448
a retelling of the fairy tale "The Snow Queen"
 
Story One
         Kay left town. It was a small town. Not much to do but leave. He didn’t know Gerda loved him. He didn’t think to love her. They had been dear friends. That is all. They grew up together. Lived right next door. But his heart was not hers. It belonged to someone else, or maybe no one at all.
         Kay left town. He never returned. He never looked back. What would he have done there? Not much in that town. All you could do is leave. He went somewhere, not quite sure where. Not as cozy as that nowhere town of childhood. He worked. He lived.
         He met a woman one day, and married her on account of her beauty. She was like no other woman he had ever seen. She had blue eyes. She did not love him, but loved to be adored. They were somewhat happy.
         Kay forgot the little nameless town.
 
Story Two
         Gerda was always considered beautiful. People would come to visit her grandmother and say, “Oh! Look at that beauty! She will be happy in life. She will marry a wonderful man.” But Gerda didn’t care to listen to them; she had Kay and her rose garden on the windowsill. What more could she want?
         Kay was her best friend, and she loved him more than anyone or anything else in the world. One night she had an awful dream, it was about Kay, Kay was kidnapped by the Snow Queen. Her grandmother had told her stories of the Snow Queen, how every year she went to every window and made those beautiful ice crystals.
         In Gerda’s dream the Snow Queen was the most beautiful woman in the world with alabaster skin, blue eyes, and raven black hair. She sang an alluring song to Kay with her siren-like voice. He froze and followed her millions of miles out of town.
         Gerda woke up from her dream and ran right next door to check on Kay. Everything was fine; he didn’t go anywhere. They stayed best friends, and lived happily for many years.
         One day, when they were all grown up, and Gerda loved Kay more than ever, he disappeared.
 
Story Three
         There is only one thing we can teach children. There is fate, but we cannot control it, it is controlled by ugly goblins that dislike us. Kay and Gerda will never be together.
 
 
 


© Copyright 2007 Ula (uszizefiryn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285448-Kay-and-Gerda-IN-THREE-STORIES