*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285465-I-Was-Born-Down-The-River
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Personal · #1285465
This short story is a synopsis of my life.
I imagined that I would grow up to be something spectacular. What child wouldnt want to be famous or rich? I expect that life would be grand and I got the total opposite. I was young and I knew that something was wrong with my mother but...What? I had no clue. I guess I was too young to realize that something has altered her attitude and personality. So, I continue to go to school and play like any normal child would. Then when it all hit me was the day we had to move from one nice apartment to another apartment. I believe it all started with a boyfriend that pressured her to try "something new." Something new can sometimes be something bad. Well, there would be parties in the house and I wasnt allowed to stay home. Then there were "the" parties that would consume all of her money and mine. There would be no food in the house, the bills werent paid and I constantly had to deal with my aunts and uncles fussing at my mom all the time. REALITY finally showed her face and it hit me like a ton of bricks. My mother was sick. How can you continue to love someone that leaves you all over the place. How can you love someone that would rather put drugs in their system over you. How can you continue to love someone that would spend all off their money feeding their habit rather than feed you. I dont know, but I do. My mom has suffered with that addiction for many, many years and she has finally declared that enough is enough. My cousins were not so lucky. My aunt was killed because of drugs and that is a burden that I have to carry for a long time. The burden is that we as a community have allowed for this disease to destroy so many of our love ones and nothing is being done to stop it. What is this world coming to? TO BE CONTINUED.......
© Copyright 2007 JerikaMazon (asumamel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285465-I-Was-Born-Down-The-River