*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285770-RIP-Fairport-Angels
Rated: 13+ · Other · Community · #1285770
A tribute to 5 very special people, you will be missed!!!
In memory of HC, BG, SM, MM, & KS Tuesday June 26th 2007

5 Fairport grads killed in head-on collision

June 27, 2007 7:21 am — Five young women who had just graduated from Fairport High School were killed late last night when their SUV collided head-on with a tractor-trailer in Ontario County.

Almost 100 teens, many of them classmates of the five, had gathered at Fairport High School on the hill next to the school, principal Dave Paddock said in an e-mail sent to Fairport High parents at 5:18 a.m.

"Our school counselors will all be available and here all day and into the evening beginning at 8 a.m." Paddock said in an earlier e-mail.

Route 5 reopened about 6 a.m. today. It had been closed since the crash occurred shortly after 10 p.m. west of Route 64 in the town of East Bloomfield, the Ontario County Sheriff's Office reported.

David M. Laverty, 50, of Olean was driving his tractor trailer west on Route 5 when he saw the sport utility vehicle, traveling eastbound, pass another eastbound vehicle ahead of Laverty's rig, he told deputies. The SUV made it back into the eastbound lane, then crossed back over the center line and hit the tractor-trailer head-on. Both vehicles caught fire.

All five people in the SUV were pronounced dead at the scene. Their identities were being withheld early today pending identification by the Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office.

Laverty escaped from his vehicle uninjured.

The crash brought down telephone lines on the west side of Ontario County, and service was out for hours.

The East Bloomfield, West Bloomfield and Bristol fire departments, East Bloomfield and Bristol ambulances and Ontario County Advanced Life Support responded to the scene.

Today not only did we lose friends we lost family we lost part of our fairport family and that is something we should all mourn for. They will never be forgotten. If we all stick togther and come out as that strong fairport faimly well make it through the toughest times of life. R.I.P. Fairport Angels.

~Since the accident they have dedicated the fairport Sr. hill to them. Our angels you will be missed. R.I.P.~
© Copyright 2007 *Peanut (nybunny585 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285770-RIP-Fairport-Angels