*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286013-The-Night-Orchestra
Rated: E · Essay · Nature · #1286013
Sit back and enjoy the sounds of the night orchestra.
The Night Orchestra


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................

The middle of nowhere.

The breeze is gently blowing. All the stars are out. The moon is crescent. The smell in the air is magnificent. The cool night air feels calming against my skin. There is no better place to be than here. God has provided such splendor even in the dark veil of nighttime. The city is a million miles away, it’s just me and nature. Just me and God.

Listen.......

Do you hear that? An owl whoos in the stillness. What’s that? Oh just the trickle of the river nearby. The sounds of crickets blend in with the whispering of tall grass near the river bend. The rustle of leaves in the distance provides just enough curiosity to the listening ear. There are so many amazing sounds in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night that my excitement rises with each new noise.

Listen again......

Do you hear the whippoorwill? Do you hear that distant repeating thud? Could it be a beaver repairing his dam? Oh! I think I hear a woodpecker up for a midnight snack. The rustle over there must have been a raccoon, they know not the ways of being quiet in the night. The locust have now begun their endless chatter in the night, harmonizing quite nicely with the rest of the ever flowing symphony. Oh how I wish it could be this way always, quiet yet so alive with sounds everywhere.

It’s hard to concentrate on just one sound. It seems like they all need to be there or it wouldn’t be the same. God is such a wonderful creator. Only God could take a thousand different creatures and motions and create such a wonderful orchestra of fabulous sounds for us to enjoy.

Now listen just one more time.......

The sun is coming up and more creatures are beginning to stir. Some of the sounds are fading but they are replaced by new ones. The deer in the distance looks at me with such wonder and I him. The squirrels have begun their hunt for food and the hawks are heard in the distance searching for breakfast. So as night turns into day the sound of music changes. The music turns from the Night Orchestra to the Daytime Percussion. The sounds are more vibrant and less cautious, the perfect combination for the great outdoors. I am staying here forever.

What? Time to go?
© Copyright 2007 Bmwbear (bmwbear129 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286013-The-Night-Orchestra