*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286016-Dark-Memories
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1286016
Depression? Free spirit? Loneliness? You decide...
Dark memories haunt the soul that seems all too carefree.  What happened to the bright and bubbly girl we used to know?  Who has she become? 

Little do they know it has always been like this.  The once thought “optimistic young woman” was never all that keen to cheerfulness. 

                      What good was it, this fleeting happiness that all too
                                      many become so absorbed in? 

They do not see the dark corners of her soul.  The edges that never become too apparent to the outside world.  But, why should they see it?  What good would it do them? None, and this she knows.  Therefore, she believes the ever-present bleakness must be kept a mystery.

Only once in a while do the depressing, melancholy edges work their way to the center of a peaceful soul.  Every time, destroying it so much easier, without even the ounce of effort it took to create such a pure essence.  She tries, tries so hard, but to no avail.  The hopelessness takes hold and misery is all that is left.

There are no tears for this feeling, this sensation which consumes her whole being. No words either. She is just left there, helpless.  Powerless and feeble, with nowhere to go.  She must wait.  Wait for the darkness to consume her, or the light to emerge from the memories, dark memories. 
© Copyright 2007 K.R. Darcy (krdarcy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286016-Dark-Memories