*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286252-ending-to-bearing-the-burden-part-three
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1286252
latest installment of the latest installment of the latest installment of BearingTheBurden
Chapter Thirteen: The Final Sacrifice…
         Dustin opened the door, slamming it into the wall, and saw Syn sitting at a table along with Lyairious. Syn was dressed in all white, and looked remarkably like Jesus.
         “let me guess, you plan to kill the real Jesus and take his place and instead of the followers of God going to heaven, they come here” Dustin said, looking over towards Lyairious, who was shocked that his best laid plan was just unearthed by a sixteen year old kid. Dustin grinned, and took out his swords, forming his double blade.
         “You know, I didn’t even think it was possible for me to get here, then lo and behold, a portal pops out of thin air. I knew it was a trap before I got here, and yet I came through anyway, you know why? Love, something you’ll never comprehend, it’s why I’m the strongest angel, it’s what got me here, and it’s what’s going to kill you, and Thomas, if you can hear me, you have to the count of ten to hand her over before I kill you” Dustin said.
         “ONE”
Dustin blocked the invisible slash that Lyairious threw at him, twirled around the invisible blade, and came flying towards Lyairious.
         “TWO”
Dustin stabbed Lyairious in the side and split his double blade into two blades, sticking the other blade through Lyairious’s mouth, the blade shooting through the back of his skull.
         “THREE”
Dustin avoided another invisible slash from another Lyairious. Dustin knew it wouldn’t be so easy if the one he just killed was real. Dustin threw the blade and stabbed Lyairious through the neck, and dodged another invisible slash from another Lyairious.
         “FOUR”
Dustin created five clones of himself, and let them fight while he sensed where the real Lyairious was hiding. He sensed him, and slammed his blade into the belly of Lyairious, who was right behind him, blackened blood spewing onto Dustin’s sword.
         “FIVE”
Dustin floated to his other blade, and picked it up, his five clones merging with his body again.
         “SIX, you better hurry, because if you don’t come to me, I’m going towards you, and you don’t want that”
         Syn chuckled with sadistic delight.
         “You think my disciple is afraid of you, a mere mortal?” he said, his eyes glowing red.
         “SEVEN, if you saw the beatings I’ve given him for kidnapping Raven, then you might see it differently”
         Thomas stepped out from the shadows, carrying bridal style, and she was completely limp. Dustin sensed life in her, but it was fading away with every drop of blood that dripped from her various wounds.
         “TEN” Dustin yelled, and his body went from zero to breaking the sound barrier in a second, arriving at Thomas at five hundred miles per hour, putting his arms around Raven and kicking Thomas in the gut. Thomas flew into various walls, carrying the momentum Dustin had with him, and landed very painfully outside the castle. He landed with his head facing behind him, so it was safe to say he was dead, and this time, he wasn’t coming back.
         Dustin held raven in his arms, and used all of the power of God he had left to heal her, and he reverted back to his normal angelic form. Raven sprung back to life, coughing up blood, then breathing as if she hadn’t breathed in years.
         “This is touching, but now I’ve got to kill you, otherwise my plan won’t go as I’ve intended” Syn said, drawing a sword covered in a black pulsing evil aura. Dustin Dropped Raven’s lower half, and helped her stand for a moment.
         “If I die, run” Dustin said, then he drew his swords and ran at Syn, his hair standing on end again, and his body was encased in flames. Dustin’s and Syn’s swords clashed, and Syn’s blade sliced through Dustin’s, cutting into his shoulder.
         “Fool, I’m evil personified, you can’t compare to my power” Syn said as he slammed his heel into Dustin’s face.
         “Nhm, bht hig cad” Dustin said, his words scrambled by Syn’s shoe. Syn raised it slightly, curious as to what his response was.
         “No, but his can” Dustin repeated, and Syn felt flaming steel pierce his torso, and saw Jesus standing in front of him.
         “Not even you can stop me now, Jesus” Syn said as he grabbed the flaming sword and removed it from his chest.
         “Really? Then maybe me and him can” Jesus said, as a second blade pierced his back, this time it was courtesy of Michael.
         “Oh, now I’m worried” Syn said sarcastically, as he turned and slammed the back of his fist into Michael’s face, forcing him into a wall. Syn then took the blade from his back and wielded it along with his black aura one.
         “Great…” Jesus sighed as he formed another sword in his free hand. Jesus blocked Michaels sword, then struggled to block Syn’s sword in time. Sparks flew across the room as they tried to force the other to give and move. Michael slowly crawled over to Dustin, who was bleeding badly, and laid his hand on him, healing the wound.
         “I hate to admit it, but you’re stronger than me now. I only helped Syn by giving him another sword. But you can help our Lord defeat him. Distract him for a moment and it will be all He needs to end this so we can go home” Michael said weakly, and then passed out. Dustin slowly picked himself up off the ground, and looked at Raven, who had yet to move from where Dustin was earlier. She was so scared, she was almost crying…
         Dustin formed a double blade in his hands, and launched himself towards Syn, a newly formed fire in his eyes.
         “I AM A GOD, YOU THINK I CAN’T DEFEAT A MERE MORTAL LIKE YOU?” Syn growled as Dustin slammed into the floor.
         “I may be mortal compared to you, but through God, I AM UNDYING” Dustin yelled as his hair stood on end, his eyes emitting flames from the sockets. Syn pushed Jesus back, and started to slash at Dustin, aiming for the neck. But something got in his way, something hit the blade first…
                                       …It was Raven…
                   
                       Chapter Fourteen: Only One Can Go Back…
         “RAVEN!!!!!!” Dustin screamed, catching her before she hit the ground. Her blood covered his white robe, and made a pool on the ground. The blade had cut into her side and her internal organs were slipping out. She had saved his life, and died to do it. He came rushing in, hoping that Syn would be struck down before he himself got struck, but Syn  didn’t do what he was supposed to. He didn’t leave himself open for Jesus to attack, and now Raven was dying. Dustin couldn’t heal her, he was trying but he couldn’t do it. It couldn’t be her time, not after all he went through to save her a few days ago, even though those days seemed like years. Above his head, Syn and Jesus were clashing at speeds too fast to see, but below, a sixteen year old soul broke in two, and someone other than him was going to feel this pain. Tears flooded from his eyes, mixing in with the blood on her body.
         “You idiot… you think you can…just rush in like that?” Raven said, coughing up blood
         “Don’t speak, conserve your strength”
         “My lung is outside of my body… I’m not walking…away from this…not this…time….”
         “Don’t talk like that, you have to be okay, you’re all I got left in this world, I can’t lose that”
         “You won’t…dope…we’re going to the same place…just hurry and kill…this guy so we can…”
         Those were her last words, and Dustin could see her spirit float into the air, as if saddened it rose into the sky, and was sliced in half by Syn. Dustin stared in disbelief as the two haves dissolved in front of him… Raven wasn’t coming back…
         “Whoa, would not want to be you in about five seconds” Jesus said, taking a step back. Dustin slowly rose, holding the corpse of the woman he loved. His hair remained on his shoulders, but started to grow. His eyes didn’t glow, but the color in them became sharper. His body wasn’t incased in flames, but as he slowly walked towards Syn, his feet left footprints of molten tile, as if the fire was inside of him. He was now Undying out of love, not anger. Syn wasn’t blessed with the ability to sense power, and assumed he was still stronger than this mortal. I mean, how strong could he be, after all, he was nothing a minute ago, how much could change in that short amount of time?
         “Jesus, is there anyway to bring her back?” Dustin said, the air heating with every word.
         “Well, I guess if you died too here, but I don’t recommend it” Jesus replied.
         “After I’m done with him, kill me” Dustin said, then seemingly teleported behind Syn, Raven no longer in his hands.
         Jesus held her close to him, upset that it had to happen. Dustin needed to learn to forsake his anger and use love on his own, and now that it had happened, Heaven had it’s 2nd greatest defender, second only, to Jesus himself. Jesus could have exhibited This power himself too, but he wasn’t meant to, Dustin was the one who was to kill Syn, not him. It was he that opened the portal to let him in, and it was he that took away Dustin’s power to heal when Raven was dying. But it was all necessary. Now Dustin could defend good throughout the ages. Dustin held out his hand, and a double blade formed in his hands, vines reaching from his hand and extended across the blades, caressing the tips of his legendary weapon. Syn laughed and said,
         “You don’t frighten me. You were nothing earlier, and you’re nothing now, just like you’re dead girlfrie…” Dustin punched him in the back and stopped Syn’s insults. Syn clawed at the air from the pain. Then it dawned on him how powerful this mortal was now. Syn had actually felt pain for the first time since he fought God. Syn turned and faced his opponent, and was punched again, this time in the stomach. Dustin would normally grin, but the sarcastic yet caring Dustin wasn’t here, the hurt and ticked off Dustin was. His heartstrings were slowly coming undone, and it hurt worse than any cut or punch or bullet, but he was going to try and share the experience to Syn.
         “Maybe my true form will make you realize your futile efforts” Syn said, his body growing, and his hair receding. Syn was bald, and his skin was green. He resembled the demons that followed him, except it looked like he had ate nothing but steroids since banishment. The brown hair that once inhabited his head disappeared, and white hair flew out wildly, extending to his lower back. His eyes were blood red, and the white robe he once wore became a tattered pair of cloth pants. He had no shirt to speak of, and he wielded a battle axe in each hand, and his body grew three times it‘s original size.
         “Are you frightened yet, whelp?” Syn screeched. His voice sounded like a women screaming in pain, but with more bass. Dustin didn’t so much as move.
         “DIE!!!” Syn screeched, and lunged at Dustin, slamming one of his axes down onto him, only for Dustin to catch the blade. Dustin pushed, and the axe sunk into Syn’s skin, tar oozing forth and creeping down his arm. Syn screamed in pain, then slung the other axe towards Dustin. Dustin caught the other blade with his foot, slamming it into the ground. Syn was scared now, and made every attempt to hide it.
         “I CAN SMELL YOUR FEAR” Dustin yelled, fire bursting from his mouth as he spoke. He let go of the axe in his hand and launched into the air, and landed in front of Syn, and pounded his fist into Syn’s stomach. Syn doubled over, and Dustin flew onto his back, dragging his double blade through Syn’s skin down to the end of his spine. Syn screamed in pain again, and slammed his hand down onto Dustin. The blow connected, and Syn grinned. A blade shot through Syn’s hand, and carved a circle through it, an unharmed Dustin standing inside the hole in Syn’s hand. Syn cradled his hand and squealed in agony.
         “THAT IS THE PAIN YOU CAUSED HER, NOW EXPERIENCE DEATH” Dustin growled, flames shooting from his mouth again.
         “THIS CAN’T BE, I’M A GOD!!!!” Syn screamed, and then his head crashed into the floor, his life along with it. Dustin thrust his hand towards Syn, and the remains of the evil god began to burn, leaving no trace of Syn except scorch marks on the floor.
         “Now kill me” Dustin said, bowing before Jesus.
         “You can only save her soul, you can’t put it back into flesh, and I’ve already said you’re going to be put back into a body” Jesus said, raising his sword.
         “I know” Dustin said, and the sword came down…

                   Part Four: Journey’s End…coming winter of 2007
© Copyright 2007 Demon Hunter (demonhunter90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286252-ending-to-bearing-the-burden-part-three