*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286289-LINDA-NOVEL-SYNOPSIS
Rated: 13+ · Other · Mystery · #1286289
Created for Novel writing contest
The story opens with the perp spiking the coffee pot and hearing someone praying in the church sanctuary. Two days later ex-police detective Jim Henry was commissioned to find out why Pastor Louis Moore went on a drinking binge and got himself beat up.

Moments later Linda Johnson asks Jim, the owner of a bookstore, for support for her Princess Performers ministry visit to his church. Her singing group of former prostitutes will share about having been rescued from that life and about their efforts to rescue more prostitutes.

Jim goes to the bar where Pastor was beaten to question the owner. Linda walks in with two young women and gets the owner to buy them all lunch while she talks with them. Later, their large pimp confronts the women and Linda puts him on the floor in self defense. One of the women flees but the other stays with Linda.

Linda tells her story of having been abused by her father and Pastor Moore. She ran away and got tricked into pornographic acting and prostitution by The Producer, a shadowy bad guy. She was rescued by the Princess Performers and became part of the staff.

We learn that Jim had been a police detective, caught in a pornography scandal, and fired. Reformed, he has the bookstore and works for the church.

Further investigation reveals that Linda had been the one praying in the sanctuary. It’s learned that the coffee pot had been spiked with vodka(?), leading to Pastor’s binge and attack. It turns out to be a revenge attack.

Linda and Jim are abducted and abused but fight their way free and The Producer discredited and arrested.

Jim and Linda overcome their issues about sex to begin a relationship.

The philosophy behind this story includes righteous use of violence, prostitutes as vicitims, and the difference between religion and spirituality.
© Copyright 2007 John-Paul (johnpaul156 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286289-LINDA-NOVEL-SYNOPSIS