*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286828-ABC-Script-Contest-Entry
Rated: E · Script/Play · Romance/Love · #1286828
Salon ABCs.
A script with two characters.  Each new line of dialogue begins with the next letter of the alphabet.

Customer:          
A little more off the top, please.

Hairdresser:          
Be still, you are going to have a crooked ‘do if you won’t quit wiggling.

Customer:          
Cut it out!  Get it, CUT it out!  Haha, I crack myself up.

Hairdresser:          
Do you, now? I don’t see anyone else laughing

Customer:          
Everyone needs a little humor in their day.  Besides, it’s just you and me and you are always so serious, who else can I get a giggle from?

Hairdresser:          
Frankly, my dear. . .I prefer drama to comedy any day.

Customer:          
Go ahead, make my day!  Just make sure I get a good haircut in the process.

Hairdresser:          
Have I ever done you wrong?

Customer:          
I’m just saying. . .

Hairdresser:          
Just saying what?  That I would ever chop your locks or do you wrong?

Customer:          
Karma. . .you definitely worry about the “what comes around goes around” when you are at the mercy of the hairdresser.  But, you’re not just any ol’ hairdresser.  Have I ever told you that I loved you?

Hairdresser:          
Love? No, I do not believe that word has ever escaped your lips.  I think you are just teasing me because you are at my mercy.

Customer:          
May I ask you a question?

Hairdresser:          
No!  All this talk of love is making me nervous and you don’t want me to be nervous with scissors in one hand and your hair in the other.

Customer:          
Oh, I see, dodging the subject.  Afraid you are going to hear something that you have to respond to? Think about?  Deal with?

Hairdresser:          
Precisely!  Now, quit jabbering so much and just let me do my job!

Customer:          
Quintessential male.

Hairdresser:          
Right.  And here you go again.  But, I could have sworn we were going to quit talking.

Customer:          
So says you.

Hairdresser:          
Touché.  But, seriously, I must focus on my work at hand, my art.

Customer:          
Unbelievable!  You are serious.  You want me to quit talking, while I have to sit here and watch you in the mirror?  You know I cannot just sit here, not move AND not talk.

Hairdresser:          
Very true.  Okay, so let’s lighten up the conversation.  What else is on your mind today, other than love?

Customer:          
Well, we could talk about romance!  You know, first dates, flowers, chocolates, jewelry!

Hairdresser:          
X-chromosomes!  They trap me every time.

Customer:          
You are so funny!  And I thought you were in to drama, not comedy.

Hairdresser:          
Zaniness is not a common trait of mine, but it does pop up occasionally when I get nervous.  So, if I bring the flowers, chocolates and jewelry, are you interested in going out tonight?
© Copyright 2007 Christy (cashows at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286828-ABC-Script-Contest-Entry