*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289225-The-lost-memories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jamal
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1289225
Jamal discovers how to handle problems with violence after his walk in the woods.
Wow, I can't believe that i'm here with you is what I could of said if I cared or if I didn't believe that I was here. But I was here and I was mad. looking into the face of evil is no laughing matter. Especially when it's the most evil person you have ever known. Let me take you back to where it all started just half an hour ago. I was taking my usual shortcut through the woods like I do every tuesday evening. I had found a sword and a gun just lying there in the woods. I picked up the gun and looked around, then I looked back at the gun and examined it more closely. It was an old fashioned revolver. I tried to see how to open the chamber but I couldn't, so I picked up the sword. Suddenly there was a loud rushing sound in my ears and my head burst into pain. It was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life. It was like there were things fighting in my head trying to be let loose. It was all I could do not to drop the sword or the revolver. Suddenly it was gone just as quickly as it had come and I was left gasping on the ground. All of a sudden memories flooded into my brain. Memories of the devil and how to find and kill him. I went over to the tree stump that I had found the sword next to. I knocked on it and it made a hollow sound. I smiled as I moved the the false top off of the tree stump and took the bullets that were in it out. I held up the gun and loaded the bullets into it. Wait a second, I thought, I didn't know how to use this a second ago. The idea of not being able to use it seemed laughable, if not altogether stupid. I stopped laughing and thought of the task ahead. I would not be easy I knew, for the devil was a formidable opponent,but still,I had to try. Iran to the spot where I could travel underground. I followed the tunnel until I had found the Devil's lair. Now here I was staring into his ugly red face. He grinned at me and I grinned back. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "I thought I told you never to come back here again. You were supposed to lose your memory of this place and of this place and of me and never return." I pondered what he said for a moment. "Well, old habits die hard, I guess." I replied. "You should of known i'd be back. It was just a matter of time before i'd find these weapons and my memories. But enough talking let me kill you and be done with it." "Poor ,poor little Jamal, you'll never be able to kill me but drop the sword and i'll let you have a go with the gun." he held out his arms and spread them." If you say so," I said. I held up the gun and pointed it straight at his heart."Poor, poor Lucius," I said mimicking him. "If only you knew that i have silver bullets in this gun." I shot three times as his eyes opened wide and he knew the error he had made. My aim was true to the point. All three bullets hit him one after the other right in the heart. He let out an inhumane, animal howl and I turned to walk out. Just as I was leaving I looked over my shoulder. The Devil was no more. I left out through the tunnel and went back to the tree stump. I took the bullets out of the gun. I put them into the tree stump and closed the lid back over it. I put the sword and the gun next to it. I walked away and as I walked I cast the spell to make me lose my memory.
© Copyright 2007 Jamal (jbaker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289225-The-lost-memories