*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289525-I-know-youll-find-what-you-believe-in
by alex
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1289525
This is about growing up and facing the difficulties that come with age.
I Know You'll Find What You Believe In

What I believe in , I cant say a lot of things anymore.
They say with age comes disillusionment but they are wrong or they just simply try to hide the truth.
Which is that as you get older more things become clear.
The truth is no longer hidden; it's open in its bareness and painful in its honesty.
The fact that they say disillusionment only stands to support the fact that before is the place to be or the person to be.
Before you found out your parents are not perfect and that the odds are piled in the favor of history.
That is you turn into them or if not , close
Close enough to see yourself as flawed as they are, and to feel as alone as
everyone else does.


Before ; love was love , hate was hate, family was family there were no exceptions , no rules, only cocksure yeses and sad but deserved no's.
Life was simple , simply beautiful. Now we are in a world of weary compromises and well worn masks , a world of so many pains now faded to one permanent ache in some ways worse than the original stabs once felt.


© Copyright 2007 alex (clayonjj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289525-I-know-youll-find-what-you-believe-in