*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290249-VioDesDNA-The-Beginning
Rated: 18+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1290249
A Violent and teasing tale. Still being written
         Her screams shaking the ground beneath as she is slowly dragged into the dark murky corner. Stewart screaming her name, “Serena”, bravely ran to her aid; but to his horror all he could see was a wall of blood. A tear slowly rolled down his face. He put his hand on his head after dropping to his knees in grief.
         He woke suddenly; sweat dripping down the grooves of his face, his heart racing a marathon. Shaken and frightened he reached out for the bedside lamp; but it wasn’t there. “Oh sure I moved the flipin thing to stop knocking it over” he recited. Once the light shone he let out a sigh of relief and dropped back into his bed, relaxing before falling back to sleep.
         Next morning Stewart drove to town for his weekly shopping. This was a tedious routine that could not be ignored. As he drove through the small town, it was the oddest thing, there wasn’t a person insight. All the shops were shut, empty, the town was devoid of life. Not an insect to be heard or seen. Stewart was bemused by this and he decided to leave it for another day. 
         On his way home the car seemed a little precarious and without warning a huge explosion beneath him forced his car into an oncoming truck, he was tossed like a rag doll as the seatbelt broke his collarbone in an instant, and then…………..
         Stewart came to amid a mass of smoke and hot twisted metal, he crawled from a small gap, while trying to avoid the yearning sharp pieces of metal which seemed to smile, almost expecting his blood. However Stewart managed to crawl out, unscathed. However this was surprising considering his collarbone was smashed in the crash, yet there was no harm now to the collarbone and no truck.Quickly though his attention moved to his surroundings. The clouds were black and yellow, an awful colour full of remarkable horror. The road, trees and all that was below the sky was stained in shades of red and grey, everything was scratched, rusted or rotting depending on what the object was. This place was completely unrecognisable, the fear and disbelief Stewart was enduring allowed a cold sharp wind to cut him deeper and spread in the form of crippling shivers. His breathe left him and he slowly twisted onto the ground, which seemed to sink slightly like a cushion.
                It was a good hour before Stewart regained some form of composure. He began a slow walk back to the town, leaving his mangled car behind(not that he had much choice), his walk was slow and lethargic as he surveyed his surroundings. It was like an apocalyptic world, though everything remained the same other than the absence of life and vibrant colour. Ok so the absence of life isn’t that startling because he does live in the country after all, but the disappearance of a truck and a sudden miracle healing of a broken collarbone is fairly odd, wouldn’t you say? The insipidness of the air made it seem like a bad dream, another bad dream in fact, but there was no denying the realism of his trepidation. Never had he felt so vulnerable. As he studied the distant hills something caught his almost weary eye. It was a black object on top of the hills moving in a way that Stewart couldn’t comprehend. His eyes where now open fully as he fixed all his thoughts on this thing, abruptly it stopped, it was completely still, there was a moment of complete stillness. Once again it started moving, this time its movement was clear and frightening, it was moving towards Stewart at a ferocious pace. Stewart was taken aback, delaying him for a second from his attempt to run away.
         The village before the town was only a few yards away, but the thing chasing him was gaining outstandingly quickly, it let out a noise of the likes of which he heard in a dream he had before. It was like the screeching of an animal being mutilated in a TV station overcome with static.

“Where do I go from here, what the hell am I supposed to do next?” Stewart asked himself as he entered the village.

          There was no time to dawdle but what else can you do if you don’t know what to do. He stood and gazed at the rusted cars he knew wouldn’t worked and his eyes glazed over in unison with the words “oh God” 

© Copyright 2007 Stealth (sniper_b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290249-VioDesDNA-The-Beginning