*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290281-The-Blind-Date
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1290281
Humorous 500 word piece composed for writing challenge. Critiques welcome!
The Blind Date.

Word count – 499

Michelle still didn’t know why she ever agreed to go on a blind date with Carrie’s hot new co-worker.  She and Carrie sat at the bar of their favorite downtown restaurant after work downing a couple of cosmopolitans.  Carrie just wanted to unwind from the crazy week at work, and Michelle needed to calm her nerves.  She hadn’t been on a date in several months.  Not since the breakup with her last boyfriend of nearly a year. 

She gulped down the last of her cosmo and ordered another.  Oh! How she loved her vodka!  It always calmed her nerves, and also had an aphrodisiac effect on her.  She hoped by the time Tim walked in she would be relaxed enough that she didn’t put her foot in her mouth, but not so sloshed that he would think that she was “easy.” 

They had come here straight from work, so she had hurriedly freshened her makeup as best she could in the ladies room as soon as they arrived.  She didn’t look as nice as she would have liked for a first date, but there was no time to go home and change.  Tim and Carrie’s husband David would be here any minute. 

“Why are you so nervous?  He’s a really nice guy.  The two of you are really going to hit it off.”

“I dunno I’m afraid I’ll end up saying something stupid, and he won’t ever call again.”

“Well, I wouldn’t advise having a third cosmo!”

“I know, I know…I’m just so nervous.”

“Look, just think of it as meeting a new friend of mine.”

“Yeah, a hot new friend.”

“Well, I wouldn’t hook you up with a man who wasn’t hot!”

“I know, but if he’s so hot, why is he still single?”

“Michelle!  He just moved to town a couple of weeks ago!  Aren’t you glad to have the opportunity to get the first crack at this guy?”

“Yeah, I am.  I mean I’m tired of sitting around the apartment on weekends watching TV.  I’d really like to start getting out and doing things other than grocery shopping.  I’m starting to feel…I dunno…old.”

Carrie giggled, “You’re not old yet, but if we don’t get you out of that apartment soon, you will be!  Speaking of which, are you planning on taking him back to your apartment after we have drinks?”

“Oh, I dunno about that now.  I can’t remember what the apartment looked like when I left this morning.  I mean, I can’t take him back to my apartment if I left stuff hanging on the bathroom shower rod.  You know what I mean.”

“Oh, c’mon!  Once you see him, you’re gonna want to sleep with him, I just know it!”

“I can’t sleep with him!  My underwear doesn’t match!”  Michelle hissed.

Carrie giggled again, “Well, you can always excuse yourself and go change.  Don’t look now!  Here he is!”

Of course, Carried turned to look at him, and drew in her breath.  He was gorgeous!
© Copyright 2007 Judabee (judabee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290281-The-Blind-Date