*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290443-From-Here-to-Where
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1290443
Where am I going?
From the center of my being I feel a tug - as if my heart, on a leash, is being led to the place where I once lived.  Hesitant it is because so many others refuse to follow and I wonder - do I refuse to go alone?

From the top of my being I feel a pull, stronger than my soul, something greater than I, something more solid than thought.  Thinking if I would - perhaps it is a memory, urging me back to the place where I should be - where I am truly home.

From the bottom of my being I feel a spark, small, but bright, bright and quick.  Flying through consciousness, crossing space and time.  I stumble across a place void of meaning and through senselessness to a place where I should stay, but have not yet arrived.

From the whole of my being I feel an urge, more demanding than a craving, more of a need than a thirst.  What is it that I seek?  Is it that which I already have?  Should I turn and run into the darkness or simply languish in the light?


© Copyright 2007 Lilith Bloodsworth (l.bloodsworth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290443-From-Here-to-Where