*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290643-Journalism-Prompt-1-UWW2
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1290643
This is my answers to questions on Do-It-Yourself Journalism Prompt 1
Do-It-Yourself Journalism
Prompt 1



1.) What’s your background and experience as a writer?

Answer: I started writing when I turned about eight years old. I wrote poems about happy things that where around me because my world was full of sad and indescribable things that I did not want to remember.
I stopped that because I felt I was not worth the paper the poems were on. I stayed away from writing and just read any book I could to leave my world and go into that world.
I did not start writing my own stories until about age twelve. That is when we moved to a town I met a girl that went through the same thing that I did. She helped me make my first fiction story and since then, I have written over 100 stories, but never finished them.
Today, I have five stories done and twenty-four without endings. They are half done and I start on another.




2.) What are your strengths and weakness as a writer?

Answer: I have great beginnings of stories. If I sit and not rush myself, I can knock out great stories. I try everything out there to improve my writing.
My weaknesses are little in numbers, but have great impact. I do not write everyday and I have a hard time finishing a story of any kind.






3.) What are you hoping to learn in this workshop?

Answer: I hope to learn more about why I do not finish stories and hope to finish some along the way. I also hope to learn journalism along the way. In high school, I wanted to write for the school newspaper, but I did not think I could, maybe you can help me learn to maybe write for my town’s newspaper some day.


Eliesa
© Copyright 2007 is Looking for a New Road (eliesa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290643-Journalism-Prompt-1-UWW2