*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291069-Olenos
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1291069
Vampire story
Prologue
It is a dark and cold night. A normal man would be unable to see anything, but he sees clearer now than he ever could in daylight. His eyes are crimson. His skin is pale. His movements are filled with grace and cunning. He is a vampire.
         Every night he must hunt. Every night he must kill. At first he hated it with all of his being, but now he knows it is necessary. That knowledge does not make it any easier, however. He chooses his targets so that he may avoid guilt. He only kills those whom he believes are not worthy of life. He is justice.
         His immortality is a curse. He knows he must forever kill, forever feast. He looks upon the living with envy. He wishes for the end of his undeath every night. He is torment.
         He is Olenos.

I
         At the top floor of an executive building a man contemplates the future of his planet. He has worked hard and honestly to get the position he now has. He despises those who would cheat and hurt others for their own personal gain. He is a very religious man. He is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. He is selfless.
Humans are such disgusting creatures. We are a plague. Everything we touch eventually rots and decays. We are filth. Disgusting.
         Something must be done. We cannot be allowed to continue to ravage our beautiful planet. There are simply far too many humans. When we were small in number we were able to live in harmony with the land, but now that there are so many of us we must take from it to survive. The population must be culled.
         I know this is what you want Lord. This is what must be done; there is no alternative. God, please help me in doing your will. I will be your Angel of Death! I will save this world!

II
         Now is another chance to deliver retribution. This man is a slave master. Olenos has seen him force women to work for him. He pays them nothing but demands money from them. If they don’t pay him enough he makes an example of them. He interacts with other slavers who commit the same crimes. Olenos decides to make an example of this man; possibly creating so much fear among the other slavers they will relinquish their selfish ways.
© Copyright 2007 Wifflum (wifflum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291069-Olenos