*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291174-Dark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Nature · #1291174
Love for the night
         Black eyes searched the night sky, the endless stars glittering above, until they rested on the moon. The moon, the beautiful moon. It was the essence of humanity, was it not? At its most interesting and enticing at night, only showing one face – one face speckled with both light and dark, and sometimes bathed in red – to anyone who didn’t care to venture into space to see the other, darker side of the moon.
         His lips curled into a smile before he blew a kiss to his greatest love, that great shining orb and reflection of everything he was. He looked down to the city below his balcony then, watched people rush around the streets in their hurry to escape the blackness around them. It made him laugh a little, softly, to think people were afraid of the dark when they slept in it and had wonderful dreams in it all of the time. It could even save lives, darkness, when in the form of shade from a beating sun or the only cover for escapees fleeing a wretched fate.
         Besides this, the dark was an excellent indication of safety. If your organs are in the dark, you are safe. However, if your stomach is smiling up at the sun… it’s time to call a doctor.
         He laughed a warm laugh as the darkness whispered other thoughts to him while he sipped at his drink and sat there on the balcony, enjoying the company of his two close friends, darkness and, more importantly, the moon.
© Copyright 2007 Nautika (nautika at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291174-Dark