*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291401-Untethered
Rated: E · Other · Supernatural · #1291401
What does your spirit do while you sleep? HONORABLE MENTION Adara's New Age Contest
In the darkness
I cast off my flesh and my spirit walks
Unfettered by the mundane affairs of the body, my soul wanders ceaselessly through the night.

In the twilight
I kneel before a single flame and my heart is open
Unencumbered by the restraints of logic, my soul receives the blessings of the gods.

Without a cage to slow me, I fly through the night, free to explore my world. It is not a dream, but a reality. It speaks to me - I can hear it and I understand. It is a gift and I must share. An overflowing goblet, I drink from it. A glistening blade, I feel it’s edge. My body, overcome with slumber, awaits me at home. With this silver cord I am tethered and my fear is naught. Through the misty moonscape, flying ever higher, in the blink of your eye I am gone. Shall I dine in Paris or shall I walk the hills of Tuscany? It is but a thought and it is done.

At first light
I feel my spirit slacken and I know I must return
Unburdened by time, space and matter, I am instantly home.

At sunrise
I gently turn into myself and lie down in my waking flesh.
My body, fully rested, stirs and stretches, ready to face a brand new day.
© Copyright 2007 Lilith Bloodsworth (l.bloodsworth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291401-Untethered