*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291721-blood-bond
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Supernatural · #1291721
vampire romance It is only a very rough draft. title is not set yet
An uneasy felling came over me, as I got closer to the front door. The soft thump of music was radiating from within the dark mansion. A strange sent filled the air that I could not place. Just as I got to the door and reached for the handle, it was flung open and a tall dark man stalked out of it in a rage. 


“Hey!!” I said as he ran into me. He just gave me a go-to-hell look and left. Adrenalin started to pump harder as I entered the room filled with my most hated enemy. They killed my brother and now I’m going to kill them all of them. 


The sound of chatter was defining. It was eleven thirty and almost time to feed I could smell the fear of the humans who were to be dinner. I would be scared too if I where in their situation. Their lives would soon come to a very pleasant end. 


Being bit by a vampire is better then sex it’s the most pleasurable thing in the world and if I had to go I would want to go like that. I had thirty minutes until I was in danger of becoming someone’s meal I had to work fast and get as much information as I could.


The room had been decorated with things you would find in a castle. Long blood red velvet curtains hung over the windows. The room had been painted black and red. The tables were black lacquer. The couch was red with black accents and frills around the edges. 


The only light in the whole room was coming from one lamp in the corner of the room sending out just enough light to see. All the humans where cowering in the corner by a window hoping that they were safe but unbeknownst to them that would be their final contact with the out side world.


I walked to the snack table and picked out a small cracker with what looked like pepper-jack cheese. A warm breath heated the back of my neck; I spun around to see Aphrodite. Her sire who was from ancient Rome, had given her that name because of her absolute beauty and power.


“What are you doing here?” Aphrodite asked. My muscles tensed at the sound of her cold voice. “I’m looking for Rogan, you know your sire,” my voice shaking as I said her sires name. He knew where the bloodsucking basterd that killed my brother was and I was not going to stop asking questions until I found him!


“Still trying to avenge your brother I see.” 


I didn’t answers I just starred at her. She walked away and I followed knowing she was going to Rogan. We walked down a long hall that had black and white tile and my heels clicked as I followed her to her master’s bedroom.


When we entered, he was working at his desk. The room was bright with colorful drapes and the bed had red silk sheets it looked as if a woman had decorated the room. 


He just glanced up at us as we approached his desk my heels clicking on the hardwood floors the desk was made of solid mahogany. 


I stood their waiting for him to talk, it was a very stupid to interrupt a vampire when he was working. Finally, he stopped and looked at me with a questioning look in his eyes.


“I know you know where Aubrey is and I need to know.” “What no small talk?”

“Cut the crap and tell me what I want to know,” I said shaking with anger and a little fear. “Bossy little thing aren’t you,” he said smiling showing his large and very sharp fangs. “If you tell me now ill let you live past tonight…maybe,” I snarled pulling my silver sword from its sheath on my back. Aphrodite jumped at the sight of the gleaming sword. I laughed at the sight of her fear, I had never seen her scared before I was enjoying it to much. Rogan stood up and walked toward me with a smile on his face. “Go ahead and kill me but be warned if you do you will never find Aubrey and you just might not even make it out of this house. You must do something for me before I give you any information.” “What do you want me to do?” I asked sheathing my sword in its long black lather case.” I need a blood donor and you being a witch your blood has much more power than a human’s blood.” He said licking his lips as if he could taste my blood already. I knew he could hear my heartbeat. 


The clock in the other room struck twelve o’clock. I could hear the screams of the poor humans who had just became dinner for the many vampires then every thing went quite and the sound of moans split the air. They must be in pure ecstasy. 


“You know I will not give my blood to you or any of your kind.”  “It’s your choice but that’s the only way you will get the information you want from me.”


I jumped at him drawing my knife I had sheathed in my boot. He moved just in time to avoid a fatal blow to the heart. However, I did manage to scrape his arm. He stumbled back and wiped his hand across his wounded arm. “You bitch,” he yelled as he started at me with his teeth showing. “If you won’t give it willing I will take it by force.” He hit me hard knocking me to the floor and forcing the air out of my lungs. My knife had been flung across the room when I hit the floor. I was defenseless against him. 


“Damn it,” I yelled as I felt his fangs pressing against my neck.

I brought my knee up in to his groin. He released me for just a moment before he was on me again. I did the only thing I could thank of and jammed my thumbs into his eyes. He jumped up screaming and I lunged for my knife just able to grab the handle before I found myself back under his heavy body. He was on me again going for my blood. “I will not have this happen to me,” I screamed as I jammed the blade of my knife in to his stomach. He jumped back and wailed as he fell on his back my knife sticking out of his stomach. I jumped up grabbing my knife and running for the door before he had time to recover. As I reached for the door, I felt a hand on my back pulling me to the ground. Once again, the air left my lungs looking up I seen Aphrodite, looking down at me with anger in her eyes. “Oh shit,” I said under my breath. Rolling to my feet, I grabbed for my sword, only it wasn’t there. 


“Looking for this?” she said holding my sword in her hand still sheathed. With out responding I jumped at her before I could reach her she unsheathed my sword and swung it at me I reacted with cat like reflexes but not fast enough, it sliced through my side leavening a small spat of blood on the blade and floor. “That was my favorite shirt you bloodsucking bitch,” I said when I finely got to my feet. I felt for the knife I had hid in my bra and ripped it out thronging it at her smashing her in the chest but it wasn’t a fatal hit. 


I ran and grabbed my sword and sheathed it. I ran to the door and opened it only to find two other vampires standing. “Sorry wrong door ill try the window”. I said as I slammed the door in their face. The window will work I hope. I thought as I jumped through the pane glass window. I hit the ground and rolled and when I got to my feet, I was in front of another vampire. “Where are you guys coming from,” I asked knowing the answer to my own question. 


I hit her as hard as I could in the chest and ran for the gate my heels clicking on the concrete. I reached the gate and it was locked so I climbed as fast as I could knowing the others were on my heels.






Chapter 2 


“Good morning Roxie” I said as she purred walking figure eights at my feet. The smell of coffee filled my apartment. The living room was dark and messy; I had papers overflowing my coffee table my laptop was on the top of them. The couch was wore down and falling apart. A medal staircase on the opposite side of the room lead up to bookshelves with various books on them including witchcraft and vampire lore on them, the stairs themselves had books on the edge under the railing. 


The kitchen was small with white cupboards and appliances. The coffeepot had fresh coffee in it. I walked in, and poured me a nice cup. It tasted so good with two tablespoons of sugar and some creamer in it. After a few cups took a nice warm shower and got dressed, put my make-up on, and headed to work.


I worked at a small Wiccan bookstore just down the block.  My best friend Crystal and I ran the store. It was a way to fund our search for my brother’s killer and her mother.


Her mother had disappeared about a month ago there was no sign of forced entry but blood covered the floor, but she was nowhere to be found. 


The shop was busy when I arrived. The smell of fresh baked muffins filled the shop. People browsed the selves containing different herbs and minerals the most popular being frankincense. 


“Meghan, it’s about time you got here,” Crystal said jokingly as she pulled a fresh batch of blueberry muffins from the oven in the back of the shop. “Sorry I had a late night last night.”  “Off fighting the bloodsuckers huh?” “Of curse where else would I be on a date.”

“Good point,” she said laughing as she put a batch of banana nut muffins in to bake. “Hey! I could get a date if I wanted to.” 


I walked around the store to make sure we where stocked with all the necessities the isles where long and narrow the further back you went the darker it got, that is where we kept the black magic books. I walked down all six isles before checking the coffeepots and the muffin racks, which were full with many verities of both. 


“Excuse me miss.” A customer asked with nothing in his hands. 


“Yes sir.” “I heard you are looking for Aubrey I may be able to help you.” He said with a smile on his face. I could do nothing but stand there dumbfounded. After a minuet, I finely regained my senses. “What can you tell me about him?” “Where he is,” he explained with great sincerity. “Well where is he?” “I will have to have something in return.” “What is it you want?” I asked impatiently. “How about a free blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee.” “That’s all you want, here you are.” I said handing him a muffin and cup of coffee. He then divulged the information I have been looking for, for months.  As he, left I thanked him and ran to the back where crystal was still baking muffins. 


“Hey, guess what I found out I know where Aubrey is.” I said excitedly as I grabbed my bag to head out the door but before I could reach it, she grabbed me. “Where do you think you are going?”  “I’m going to go kill him where else am I going.” “Not with out back up you’re not, wait until later tonight and I will go with you.” 


“Ok fine but once night falls I'm leaving and you can’t stop me.”






Chapter 3


At around 8:00 pm I found myself finally reaching my apartment building. I fumbled with my keys as I walked up the stairs; I lived on the sixth floor. I would have taken the elevator but I need the exersize. Finally, I found the right key, sliding it in to the lock and entering the home I have known for years. 


I soon jumped in the shower to relax before I joined Crystal for our little outing. The water felt so good against my naked body my, tense muscles were in a state of bliss. I did not want to get out but I knew if I didn’t go and find Aubrey, right now I might never have a chance to find him again. Only one more minuet. I thought to myself as I let the warm water trickle off my silky smooth skin. 


When I did finally get out of the shower, the air was cold and gave me goosebumps. I dried myself off and slipped in to my favorite pair of thongs, my black skirt, and a black mini-skirt. To top it all off I added my Ankh necklace.  I left my hair down to make me look that much sexier. 


Finally I finished dressing by adding my arsenal, a short knife stuck in each boot, a machete on the outside of each shin, a pistol on each hip, a small throwing knife in each cup of my bra- all my bras had a special sheath build in them to hold my knifes. My favorite of all I saved for last a long sword I slid down my spine sheath.



I was ready to face the dark world that most didn’t even know existed. “Bye Roxie mommy will be home soon, don’t make a mess.”  Roxie just looked at me with that feline smirk. I grabbed for the doorknob and a thought struck me. What if I don’t make if back? What if I get crystal killed? I could not live with myself if crystal was killed for my stupid mistake.  “I can’t let her go she means to much to me.” I told myself as I walked out the door. 


All the way down the stairs, I was trying to figure out how to tell her she could not go. I stopped at my mailbox to see if I had received any bills but there were none. 


My boots made a clicking sound as I walked down the street to the parking garage. I always parked on the first floor for a faster getaway if I got in any trouble. The smell of rain filled the air as I walked to the driver side of my Pontiac firebird. It was red with a beautiful butterfly on the hood. I took the glass t-tops off and but them in the back. I new it was going to rain but it was still a little ways away. 


The engine purred like a kitten when I started it up. The radio was playing (((Planet Hell by Nightwish))), which was appropriate for the situation I was facing. 


The wind blowing through my hair felt so good. It was a full moon I new that I would be able to tap the lunar power if I got in to much trouble. I could already feel the power surging through my veins. The night air was cool and moist and with the power of the moon, it was a beautiful night. 


When I reached Crystals apartment she was ready to go. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to keep her from going. Finally, I came up with the perfect plan.


She got in my car with her pink jeans and a yellow top with a daisy on the front. “You look good,” I said as she sat in the seat pulling the seatbelt over her shoulder.



We pulled out, and started down the street. The radio blaring we drove down Fifth Street and after a few miles, we pulled on to the pear and stopped. I shut off the car and reached for the door handle but stopped when I heard her door slam shut. I then flipped the locks down and started the car. She was pounding on the window yelling, “What the hell are you doing?” “This is for your own good I don’t want you to be killed. Please, just stay here where it is wormer and wait for me to get back”


“I'm sorry” 


Then I through my car in to reverse and drove away leavening her there hoping that she is not to mad at me. “I'm doing it for her own good,” I told myself as I turned off Fifth Street on to Main Street. Seeing her fade in my review mirror, my hart sank.


“I hope she forgives me,” I said hitting the steering wheel breaking one of my nails.

“Damn it”


I pulled in to a long driveway I could see a large mansion in front of me the décor was of gothic style. The lights in the house gave off an eerie glow. I could smell the faint sent of daisies and moist air. The sound of gravel moving under my tires was unnerving. I finally came to a stop just before the door behind some bushes and parked there hidden out of sight.


The night was dark and the air damp. I walked up the stairs and peaked through the dusty window. It was dark in the room on the other side of the glass. I could see a small table sitting just under the windowsill. The curtains were white and lacy. 


I slowly opened the front door. It looked as though no one was there. The room smelled musky with a hint of lavender. “Its cold in here I should have brought a heavy jacket,” I said to myself as I entered the room.


“Yes, you should have,” a female voice from behind me came.


Jumping I asked, “Who are you and where is Aubrey?” there before me was a beautiful woman who was about 23 years old she was wearing a long silk dress. Her hair was brown and shoulder length.


“Well, my name is Jennifer and as for Aubrey I do not know who he is. This is my house and I’m the only one who lives here since my husband died,” she walked around me and went in to the living room. The room had a very nice décor, very Victorian like the house. 


I followed her into the room there was a fire roaring in the fireplace in the corner of the room. I went and stood by it warming myself from the cold night air. I hope crystal is ok maybe I should call some one to pick her up and take her home. I thought to myself as I warmed my backside look at Jennifer who was picking stuff up off the table in front of the couch. 


“Please, excuse the mess, I never get company,” she explained as she gathered up some papers with pictures of I assumed was her husband.


“If you don’t mind me asking, but how did you husband die?”


“Not at all, He was attacked by” her words were cut off with a tear, “your not going to believe me nobody ever does. But he was attacked by…. A vampire.”


“I’m so sorry” 


“You don’t believe me,” she said tears running down her face.


“No I do, you see the person I’m looking for is a vampire who killed my brother. I was told he lived here and that is why I am here.


“You’re a vampire hunter aren’t you?”


“Well I wouldn’t call myself a vampire hunter. I have not killed any yet but I will if they get in the way of my revenge.”


I walked to the couch and sat down putting my boots on the coffee table. She walked across the room and stoked the fire toughing up a plum of ash and smoke that filled the room.


“How long has it been since your brother died?” she asked as she put the metal stoker away, it made a clank when it hit the holder hanging on the brick fireplace.


The room was cool and there was a draft coming from the window that was cracked.

“Its been about 3 years now. He was at collage and went to a frat party while he was there he got in a fight with a guy he had never seen before. Well, later that night he was studying in his room and Aubrey decided to make a visit to his room and take vengeance for his brother.” 


“I’m sorry to hear that,” she said handing me a drink she had just poured from the bar on the wall just next to the fireplace it smelled like brandy.


“Thanks,” I said taking the glass from her and swishing it around before taking a sip. Oh, god that burns.

“What was your husband’s name?” I asked in a raspy voice, my throat still burning form the sip of what I thought was brandy but turned out to be a stiff whiskey.

  She was starring in the fire I could see by the look in her eyes she was miles off in another time. "His name, his name was Jason. He was tall with and gorges." her eyes
© Copyright 2007 vampauthor (vampauthor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291721-blood-bond