*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291828-The-Awaking-Cycle---Intro---OA
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1291828
The prophecy is here, everything is coming together and falling apart. XGC
Oddex sits in a shadow and weeps to himself.  Crying into this knees hiding his face from God and everyone below Him.  Pushed to the very brink of reality, even the shadows can not be dark enough tonight to hide Oddex from the shame that has pummeled him for the past week.  At least he could harm them no more; at least they were free of him and all his curses he brought with his birth, life, and death.  There was one more task laid out before him this moonless night.  Dana. 
         Dana sat in her corner of her room in the second story apartment building that is quickly rotting into the rest of the ghetto.  The street light spilled onto the floor in the same spot as it did every night, although, tonight the light was hated.  The Shadow curled at the edge of the light damping its glamor in the room.  Everything made since for one split second when she crossed paths with that hobo.  His madness tugging at her own, reflecting her almost as perfectly at she reflected him. 
         He had finally found Him.  The Prophet.  There and then Oddex realized that now was the time of the Prophet, the end of Oddex, the beginning of the final nights. 
         Oddex drew deep of his adrenaline hot blood and wept for the world.  He had tried, he had spoken, but all they heard was the coming of the true Prophet.  Now they would hear, for the final mirror shard had been found and mirror can be complete and without flaw.  Then the final drop of essence passed Oddex’s lips and he tasted the edge of Craig’s soul.  The words that the Infernalist had spoken flooded his mind.
         “Unlike the slaves of the old days, we have the will to serve whatever master we choose.  I have seen your madness.  I know the path you walk.  Therefore, here lies your choice lunatic.  You can embrace the final answer, or you can eat my friend.  When you taste the edge of that sea, it is hard not to go for a full dip.”
         Oddex let loose of Craig’s neck and screamed a morning cry for every minute piece of earth.  He pulled his thumbnail across his neck and doused the young man’s face in his cursed blood. 
         Craig’s body started to spasm when Oddex’s blood found its way down his throat.
         Everything Oddex had experienced through the years flashed before him. Memories for a drop of blood.  How had this all began, it was in Carthage.  It began in Carthage.
© Copyright 2007 oddex arcadia (oddexarcadia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291828-The-Awaking-Cycle---Intro---OA