*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292427-Rain
by zephyr
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1292427
When in a practice Football game it begins to rain, but is it just rain?
Keira had the football and rushed down the field. "You'll never catch me!" Passing the tree marked as the touchdown line Keira scored. "Yes! twelve to six!"

"The game's not over!" Ricky yelled across the field as he panted from running so much.

Keira rolled her eyes as Murtagh came to give her a high five. "Yeah! We're in the lead now!"

Valerie groaned, "Ricky! Why didn't you tackle her?!" She pushed him in the arm.

He straightened up, "Sorry! Not my fault! I-I-I- didn't want to tackle a girl!" He stuttered.

"Yeah right!" Keira croaked, "Look! You tackled me eariler! See the mud stains!" Mud covered her knees, legs, arms and elbows.

"Well I realized my actions!" He snorted.

"Then get over them! What's the point in football if you don't get tackled?!"

Keira took the ball and handed it to Valerie. They got into position, and Ricky caught the ball. I was in charge of blocking him. Waiting the right amount of time, I then ran straight for him. He saw me headed for him and tried to pass the ball down field to Valerie, but was intercepted by Murtagh!

"PASS!" Keira screeched and the ball soared through the air into her hands. She dashed down the field and with less then 20 yards to another touchdown, Keira was tackled from behind. "Woah!"

Ricky had flown and was holding Keira down. "Nice play Keira," He admitted.

"Thanks, now get off!" Keira pushed him off of her. "Time for another touchdown!" She stood up and brushed the excess grass and mud off her shirt and jeans.

Ricky stood up and smirked, "I thought you wanted to get tackled."

"I did! But I almost got another touchdown," She retorted, "Murtagh your quarterback!" He nodded and she threw the oval ball under her legs and into his hands. Valerie tried to block Keira from running past the tree, but she spun around and got past her. Ricky's short attention span forced him from looking at Murtagh, to yelling at Valerie for letting Keira past her. Murtagh threw the ball and it landed perfectly in Keira's extended hands. SHe ran quickly past the same tree landing another touchdown. "Eighteen to six. I believe we win!" Keira threw the ball behind her back and ran into Murtagh's open arms.

Even in Valerie's and Ricky's intense fight, they saw the couple hug. Ricky turned and replied, "Well just because you two are going out doesn't mean you always have to hug and get mushy!"

Keira snapped back, "Well you two bicker like an old married couple!"

Valerie's head almost cracked when she twitched to see Keira's face, "We are NOT an old married couple! We aren't even going out! And we never will!"

Murtagh had a look on his face telling everyone "that's what you think!" Keira stroked his hair. "We won!" He said looking into her eyes.

"We're much better at this than monopoly! Remember when we were partners and we went to jail three times!"

"Yeah that was last night!" He replied, messing up her hair. She squealed and shook her head to make her brown hair fall back into place. "It's so funny when you do that!"

"Oh so hilarious!" She joked back.

Valerie was tapping her foot and remarked, "Are we going to play or not?!"

Keira looked up and saw large black gloomy clouds heading their way, "I think not!" She pointed to the sky, "We have company!"





TO BE CONTINUED!
© Copyright 2007 zephyr (zephyr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292427-Rain