*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292689-Life-is-Not-Fair
Rated: E · Essay · Writing · #1292689
Expressing the transparence of a common addage.
A most common addage is "Life is Not Fair". Shouldn't it be, however, "Exsistence is Not Fair"? Fair=Balacnce, and balance is the ideal for most sane people. Balance implies order and just order is fair. These three words are truly connected, they compliment each other seamlessly; synonyms some might say.

Now let us view the ultimate exsistence: In life few will say it is perfectly fair and ordered as it runs its course. There are millions of scenarioes that point to this, but let is not exhaust our observational power of seeing, hearing, and experiencing. What about after life? The most popular belief holds that there is the ultimate good: Heaven, and the ultimate bad: Hell. Purgatory is an extension of life in which reflection is emphasized and patience is an unspoken virtue. Purgatory is also not eternal: The other options are. Your soul either goes to heaven to experience perfect harmony, or to hell to experience unrelenting horror. There is not balance for any individual: ultimate good or ultimate bad. That is not "fair" how humans know it because humans only know life; but it is fair in the ultimate power's eyes as it recognizes us as deserving of eternal bliss or eternal damnation based upon the course we took during out natural lives.

So let us not dwell over the fact that life is not fair; Life cannot be fair. It is a test, as many have said, and as in any test you will breeze through some sections and have various degrees of hardships in others. If you spend all the time you have to take the test struggling to comprehend the hardships you will not have the time to get through what comes easy to you and you will not recieve the credit for what you were capable of doing simply because you did not do it. Just guess on those sections you don't know so you have the time to complete those which you do know, don't dwell on the unexplainable for you; It's either partial credit if you are unlucky or full credit if you are. By focusing on just the hard sections, though, you will get partial credit at best and no credit ar worst.

Life isn't fair, there is no omnipresent balance. We're not like Jerry Seinfield where if we lost $20 another twenty dollar bill will just randomly show up so that we break even. Comedians like Jerry Seinfield dwell on what isn't rational, and fairness is one of those things.

So let us not waste our breath uttering the overused saying "Life Isn't Fair", for we could certaintly waste all our lives saying it whenever we see acts of life around us. Let us give a rest to the most true four word phrase around (or three with the help of a contraction), for certiantly it is as obvious as another connected phrase which is not commonly heard: "I Am Alive".
© Copyright 2007 Vagabond (softdrink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292689-Life-is-Not-Fair