*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292731-My-Hero
by Dennis
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1292731
I was asked to write an essay on who my hero was when I was 15
    Of all the people that I know and all the stars I've seen on T.V. , my hero would have to be my little brother.
    When he was born , he was born with a disease , Cystic Fibrosis.  To this day this disease can not be cured.  My brother goes through so much because of this disease.  He takes pills every morning and everynight , and then different pills every time before he eats.  When he was born , they put a button-like object  into his stomach and every night since then he gets fed through it by a pump in the middle of the night to help him gain wieght.  He does lots of breathing treatments everyday to try and clear his lungs.  These consist of him putting on a vest which vibrates causing him to caugh up what is in his lungs.  He goes through so much everyday , but why is he my hero?  He's my hero because everyday , through it all he keeps going!

    No matter what he never stops.  He doesn't complain , he just takes it as it comes.  Sure he may only be eleven years old , but he's still my hero.  He's one of the strongest people I've ever met , not in a physical sense as you'd see it but in the sense that he makes it to the next day.  He also misses out on a lot of things he otherwise wouldn't.
    He doesn't get to stay at many of his friends' houses because of all the machines that he would have to take with him.  He has to go to the hospital at loeast twice a year no matter what and get bloodwork done as well as many other things.  Sur sometimes he doesn't want to go or he doesn't want to do something , but he does.  He always pushes on.
    If you asked me , I would say that I would never take his place unless for one day he got the chance to feel what it is like to be just like everyone else.  If he didn't have to go through what he does every single day of his life.  He knows that they may never find a cure , but what makes him my hero is that even though he knows this , he lives his life like he doesn't have a disease.  The last reason I'd call him my hero is because I always thought that I had it bad.  But watching him go on everyday through all he goes through I know I can make it.  If you ask kme he's a wonderful hero , and no matter what he will always be one to me...
© Copyright 2007 Dennis (menace at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292731-My-Hero