*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293399-At-ease
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1293399
Thinking about what makes us happy, keeps us at ease.
You know, outside, feeling the rolling breeze, I feel this incredible sense of contentment. The warm licks of air roll, and my hair dances with the freedom.  I am almost overwhelmed with a sense of pride.  I continue to rise higher and higher from what I had always assumed would be my destiny.  I no longer want to change my skin so that I may blend in with the dregs of faceless people.

The streetlights really seem to glow at midnight, as I am kicking imaginary rocks down and around the neighborhood where I currently reside.  And knowing I may be the only one, the lone soul, is invigorating.  I want to sing loud enough to hear the irritated voices of my neighbors screaming at me.  Pleading for me to stop so that they can resume what I only imagine to be an orgasmic slumber.  Me, I don't; scratch that, can't sleep.  Haven't really in years.  I close my eyes and the ever whirring of my thoughts keep me alert and irritated.  But, thats okay for now.  I can stay awake as long as I have a happy mind. 

And while walking, I meditate silently, seeing your figure in the haze.  I would kiss you, by the shallow blue-black starlit path, but I won't let my mind trick me into believing that you could actually be there.  How long has it been since you left?  Hours?  Maybe more like fragments. I don't keep time in numbers anymore, just lengths of heartache.  I want you to be the one who keeps me at ease.  I want your lips to be those that heaven has tried so hard to convince me that poison lay upon the edges.  Those smooth round edges, I leaned into one too many times and I am hooked.  I no longer believe that I was meant for the lonliest of lives.  I have hope that I will find happiness in the gaze of such an easy sight.  And let it be known that if you were to tell me that you too want to stay just a fraction longer, I would spin dizzily and collapse in a wonderous and happy talespin.  It nears me closer to the ground from which your kiss has lifted me up from.

And I would never be the wiser.  Just moonstruck and young.
© Copyright 2007 steveaubrey (sjaubrey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293399-At-ease