*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293835-Untitled-Script-Frenzy-07-Screenplay
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Action/Adventure · #1293835
A screenplay I have been working on since Script Frenzy '07 began. NOTE: Not Finished!
FADE IN: EXT.  YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK – CABIN – EARLY EVENING

MARTHA stands next to JOE near a GRILL.

MARTHA
Jessie!  Jessie!!
(to Joe)
Where is that girl on her bike now?  Doesn’t she know it’s time to eat?

EXT. YELLOWSTONE – WATERFALL – CONTINUED

JESSIE sitting on her BIKE looking at waterfall.

JESSIE (V.O.)
I can’t believe they made me come here all summer.  There’s nothing to do except ride this thing into the middle of nowhere to see stuff like this.  Then again, this isn’t too bad.

Cell phone blaring “Rockstar” by Nickelback.  Surprised, Jessie jumps.  After regaining control, she answers the phone.

JESSIE
Hello?

MARTHA (V.O.)
Where are you?  I thought you were going to be back thirty minutes ago!  Are you okay?  Are you hurt?

JESSIE
I’m fine, mom.  I’ll be home soon.

MARTHA (V.O.)
Supper is ready.  How soon will you be back?

JESSIE
Go ahead and start eating.  I’ll be there in about ten minutes.

MARTHA (V.O)
Okay.  Be careful.  Bye.

JESSIE
I will be.  Bye, Mom.
Jessie hangs up the phone and sighs, then starts up the bike and heads off into the woods.

EXT. YELLOWSTONE – CABIN – CONTINUED

Martha hangs up the phone and sighs.

MARTHA
Honestly, Joe.  I don’t know what’s gotten into that girl.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

CHAD walks out of cabin with a blanket and teddy bear.

CHAD
(tired)
Mommy?  What fo dinna?

MARTHA
(picking Chad up)
We’re having grilled chicken for dinner, sweetie.

CHAD
Yummm.

Jessie pulls up on bike.

JESSIE
Well that took a lot less time than I thought.  Time to eat?

MARTHA
You’re just in time.  Go wash up.

JESSIE
Okay.
(to Chad)
Mornin’, bud!

CHAD
Mornin’, Sissy!

Jessie walks inside cabin.

MARTHA
What are we going to do with that sister of yours, Chad?

CHAD
What wrong wit her?

MARTHA
Nothing’s wrong with her, sweetie.  It’s that bike she’s in love with.

CHAD
I like her bike.

Chad squirms to be set down.  Martha sets him down.  Chad runs over to his tricycle, gets on, and begins riding in circles.

See?  I ride like Sissy!

MARTHA
(laughing)
Yes you do, buddy.  Yes you do.

Jessie comes out of the cabin to see Chad riding in circles and starts chuckling.

JESSIE
Keep practicing, bud.  Soon you’ll be able to keep up with me!

MARTHA
Alright, everyone!  Sit down!  Time to eat.

Everyone goes over to picnic table and starts eating right away.

JESSIE
So…what’s the plan for tomorrow?

MARTHA
Well, I’m thinking you, Chad and I will go up to Old Faithful while you’re dad plays some golf.

CHAD
What Old Fateful?

MARTHA
Old Faithful is a geyser that shoots water into the air at certain times each day.

CHAD
Ohhhhh.

EXT. YELLOWSTONE – HILL OVERLOOKING PACK OF WOLVES – LATE EVENING

Jessie sitting on her bike talking on her cell phone.

JESSIE
I’m telling you, Sam, there’s nothing to do here!  All I do is ride my bike to the middle of nowhere.

INT. SAM’S HOUSE – SAM’S BEDROOM – CONTINUED

SAM
Oh, come on Jessie!  It can’t be that bad.  Sometimes the middle of nowhere is the best place to go.

EXT. YELLOWTONE – HILL – CONTINUED

JESSIE
Well, it can be sometimes.  I mean, right now I’m watching a pack of wolves, yesterday I saw some elk, and there’s always a waterfall around.  But, eh, I don’t know.  My dad’s always playing golf or sleeping, my mom’s always taking pictures, and Chad…Chad’s four.

INT. SAM’S HOUSE – SAM’S BEDROOM – CONTINUED

SAM
Well, if it helps any, James dumped Maria.

JESSIE (V.O.)
No way!

SAM
Yes way!  They went to King’s Island together, then later that night he called her and just…dumped her.

EXT. YELLOWSTONE – HILL – CONTINUED

JESSIE
Wow.  After two years?  Never thought I’d hear that.  Oh, hold on, Sam.  Someone’s on the other line.

Jessie clicks over to other line.

Hello?

INT. CABIN – CONTINUED

MARTHA
Where are you now?  It’s getting dark!  Come home now!

EXT. YELLOWSTONE – HILL – CONTINUED

JESSIE
Okay, Mom.  I’ll be home soon.  Bye.

INT. CABIN – CONTINUED

MARTHA
Be careful.

Martha hangs up the phone.

EXT. YELLOWSTONE – HILL – CONTINUED

Jessie clicks back to other line with Sam.

JESSIE
Hey, Sam?  I gotta go.  My mom’s being over-protective again.  I’ll talk to you soon, okay?

INT. SAM’S HOUSE – SAM’S BEDROOM – CONTINUED

SAM
Alright.  See ya.  I’ll tell everyone you said hi.

EXT. YELLOWSTONE – HILL – CONTINUED

JESSIE
Thanks.  Adios.

Jessie hangs up the phone, takes one last look at the wolves, starts her bike and rides into the darkness.

INT. CABIN – EARLY MORNING

Martha is standing over a sleeping Jessie, attempting to wake her.

MARTHA
Jessie…honey…time to get up.

JESSIE
(sleepily)
What?  What time is it?
(looks at clock)
Seven a.m.?!  Are you crazy?  I’m going back to sleep.

MARTHA
Oh no you’re not.  We’re going sight-seeing today.  Remember?

JESSIE
Mom, unless you want me to have a crappy time, let me sleep.

MARTHA
You’ll have a crappy time if you don’t get up now.  It’ll be hot and crowded and if you get up now you can ride your bike.
(mumbles under her breath)
That way I won’t have to deal with you.

Jessie sits up in bed.

JESSIE
Fine.

MARTHA
Get ready.  We’re leaving in an hour.

Martha leaves Jessie’s room and Jessie turns on the stereo; “Party Like A Rockstar” by Shop Boyz starts playing.  Jessie gets dressed and ready for the day (hair in ponytail; no makeup) as the song plays, then looks in the mirror.

JESSIE
Well, I guess this is as good as it’s gonna get.

Jessie leaves her room, grabs a piece of toast off the table, and opens the door to go outside.

MARTHA
Where are you going?

JESSIE
That depends.  Where are you going?

MARTHA
We are going to take a drive up to Old Faithful, then we are going to see all of the other geysers.

JESSIE
Well then, I guess I’ll see you at Old Faithful.

CHAD
Bye, Sissy!

JESSIE
See ya, Buddy!

Jessie turns around and walks outside.

INT. CABIN – CONTINUED

MARTHA
Joe, what has gotten into that girl?  I feel like I don’t know her anymore.

JOE
Honey, she’s fifteen.  I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.  Besides, she’s always been like this.

MARTHA
I guess you’re right.  She just worries me, you know?


JOE
(hugging Martha)
I know, honey.  I know.

EXT. CABIN – CONTINUED

JESSIE
We’ll just make a few side trips before we go watch some boring water shoot into the air.

Jessie rides her bike into the woods on a rough and rocky trail.  She rides for about five minutes and then finds a large plain with about 100-150 bison.

JESSIE (V.O.)
Wow.  Look at this place.  I’ve never seen anything like—

Jessie’s cell phone rings, playing “Rockstar” loudly.  She tries to shut it off, but isn’t fast enough and the bison hear it and start moving towards her.  Knowing how dangerous they can be, she starts up her bike and rides as fast as she can.  Unfortunately, the bison start running faster toward her.

JESSIE (V.O.)
(panicing)
Shoot!  What am I going to do now?  Oh crap.  They’re gaining on me.  How fast can these things run?  Argh!

Jessie comes to another large plain and rides through it.

JESSIE (V.O.)
Where am I gonna go?  I can’t go back to the cabin or anywhere near there!  I can’t go near people!

Jessie sees a cliff.

JESSIE (V.O.)
What’s that?

Jessie gains some speed but not much.  When she reaches the cliff she slams on the brakes right on the edge.  She turns around to check where the bison are.

JESSIE (V.O.)
Okay.  I think I have time.

Jessie backs her bike up slightly.

JESSIE (V.O.)
Dear God, please don’t let me die.

Jessie rides her bike off the cliff, does a flip in the air, and lands perfectly on the ground.  She looks back up on the cliff and sees the bison stop and look at her, then turn around and walk away.

JESSIE
(sighs as if a burden has been lifted)
Oh, thank God.

Jessie sits on her bike in the same stop for a while, breathing heavily.  Once she calms down, she starts her bike and rides away slowly, heading for Old Faithful.

INT. CABIN – CONTINUED

JOE
Golfin’ time!

MARTHA
Nine or eighteen holes?

JOE
Eighteen.  Then it’s back here for an afternoon snooze.

MARTHA
Well call me when you get done and tell me how you did.

JOE
Sure thing.  Bye, honey.
© Copyright 2007 Belinda (belindabee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293835-Untitled-Script-Frenzy-07-Screenplay