*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295264-Almost-There
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #1295264
Valerie's wish for a change goes completely wrong.
Chapter One




          Valerie Thompson was weird. She knew it, others knew it, it was a way of life. But into her last year of Middle School, she wished to change, she got her wish, with a little something extra.
________________________________________________________

Come on Valerie, It's not too hard. Just say you're not hungry.

But I AM hungry.

Oh shut up, don't you want to be like the other skinny girls?

I don't want to die in the process either.

Suit yourself

Valerie Thompson sighed with relief. Usually the arguments in her head would be much more intense, but it seems "The Voice" was in a good mood.
She lightly ate at the McDonalds burger her mom bought for lunch, she finished half then ate the rest of the fries along with a Diet Coke.
Before she left from the table, her cellphone alerted her with a new text message.

Hey girl! Baltimore's a bore without you, text me back! xoxo, Katelyn

Valerie didn't even bother to return the message. Katelyn was one of her best friends but at the moment, she didn't want to talk to anyone.

Why didn't you answer Katelyn's message?

I didn't feel like it.

You should ALWAYS feel like it, don't you want her to be your friend?

She's my friend already, it doesn't matter.

It always matters Valerie

For the rest of the day, Valerie pondered over what The Voice said and what she would say the next day.
© Copyright 2007 Persia Libri Amour (looktothesun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295264-Almost-There