*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295296-Passing-the-Parcel
by manu
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #1295296
few thoughts on how the values, principles are a passed down from one generation to next.
My mom, is a very simple women. If i want to introduce her to anyone it will be retired school teacher now taking care of grand childrens. Spent her life in bringing up childrens and carrying on responsibilites.  Lot many things come to my mind when i see things not happening in my life and blame it on my childhood, my upbringing, non availability of funds of luxaries and other material thing.

That was usual weekend and was travelling home after work. A middle aged women was sitting next to me. Half an hour when we left city and were on Express highway we both got into conversation and she started sharing her experience about her guilty feeling about leaving her child at home alone.

I spoke to her tried telling gher dont feel bad about it and see to brighter side that you will be spending quality time with you kid when you are home.

When we had reached half way there was some problem in bus and we were late by 4 hours. It was late in night when i reached home town. Bus dropped me to nearest spot from where my home was at few minutes away. But at that hour it seemed very far.  Didnt had any choice but to walk down. Was scared but closed my eyes and what did i see. My mom carryind me in her arms when i was small.. then holding my hand when i learned to put foward 1st step.. and last but not least.. standing there with open arms when i came running from any competition, exam to welcome me and tell me that i was the best.

I opened my eyes and started walking towards home. And all these thoughts ran through me.

This is what my mom gave me. Confidence to be what I am today. Am able to think what is right or wrong is all because i was taken care off and not left alone that time.

Today am able to decide what is right or wrong only because i had all those odd situaltions and tough life in which i was taught to fight back.

I may not have earned a lot for my children but i definetly know what i have to pass it on to them.

Nothing is more important then family values and principles which all the mothers in this world pass it on to there childrens.


















© Copyright 2007 manu (manu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295296-Passing-the-Parcel