*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295318-Turning-Leaves
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Relationship · #1295318
Two childhood friends learn life lessons in love.
Chapter one

I drift into consciousness, led there by the sensation of chill wind streaming across my bare chest from the partially open window. As the morning swims into focus I feel a wave of contentment wash over me...I've just discovered your head on my shoulder and your hand on my hip. With the sheet wrapped tightly around the back of your curled form I can just make out the contours of each vertebrae in your spine, each a link in it's gentle outward curve. Sliding away from you I pad into bathroom to prepare myself for the day.

Stubbornly lingering in sleep, you haven't moved when I return. Slipping back under the sheet still doesn't wake you, so I trail my lips from your ear lobe to your collarbone. I glance up to see you looking at me through eyes heavy with sleepy gratitude. Stretching out to bring life back into your muscles you pull me close, igniting the memory our skin holds of the night before. Once again I find myself feeling fascinated by how the length of your naked body feels against the length of mine. Suddenly I'm desperate for your warmth.

The rest of the world carries on with it's morning hustle and bustle, flowing around our room like the ocean around an island. Inside we are oblivious to anything else except our renewed fascination with each other.
© Copyright 2007 Sebastian (bethanyjh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295318-Turning-Leaves