*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295713-Holocaust
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #1295713
It's the 1st time I've written something like this. I'm not quite sure how to describe it.
              They worked in silence with open eyes but closed hearts. Looking on but never truly seeing what was happening. Killing innocents without conscience or question. Repeatedly reminding themselves that this is what the deity wants, these souls are unclean; the world must be freed of them.
          Somehow something so wrong was justified in their minds. They were taught to be mindless and that they were strong. It was the exact opposite of what they were taught. The innocents were the strength, the bravery, and the power. They held on even when there was nothing to hold on to; even when death was all that was left for them. They knew of the impending doom but some tried to be brave. They were the power because they knew the truth and that what was happening would never be justified.
          The ones with the closed hearts were the weak, the mindless, and the fools. They gave in to false reasoning and let their minds be manipulated. They didn't fight back, but rather let their hearts turn to ice and they let the numbness seep in until it was all they felt. They didn't see at all the horror before them.
          Now people tease others with false words and racial slurs, not realizing that all it takes is a few cruel words and a few corrupt minds to recreate this horror; this holocaust.
© Copyright 2007 Samuel Pear (fairysndragons at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295713-Holocaust